Lifting after having a baby

i had my daughter 12 days ago. and today i had to go groccery shopping and had to lift some heavy items such as cases of water bottles and pet food. now my stomach area is pretty sore when i move, like a few inches from my belly button. i know i shouldnt have been lifting and wont do it again until i heal but could i have hurt myself? or will this pain just go away on its own? its not severe or anything. and im not bleeding or anything either. thanks!

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 8:07 AM on May. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• did you have a c-section? If you did you should not lift anything more than your baby. You could pull you stitches.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 8:59 AM on May. 15, 2011

• no i had a vaginal delivery
    xunlucxyx0

Comment by xunlucxyx0 (original poster) at 9:44 AM on May. 15, 2011

• If it was a normal vaginal birth, I wouldn't worry much. With my first, I had to bring my daughter home myself since LP was out of state for work until she was 2 1/2 months old. I had to do it all myself, and while I could tell when I had overexerted myself, I was okay. Try to limit your lifting as much as you can, but well, life has to continue.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:56 AM on May. 15, 2011

• be carefull
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:29 PM on May. 15, 2011