What could this be?

Im in the early stage and when i get pains in my stomach off and on and in my lower back i get this pain on my pelvic and then i have to go pea out of the blue what could it the baby is not big enough yet to press on my bladder?

momtobe522

Asked by momtobe522 at 8:40 AM on May. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Bump
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 8:49 AM on May. 15, 2011

• It's most likely your uterus contracting and changing for the baby.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 8:55 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Call your doctor.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:17 AM on May. 15, 2011

• It could be any number of normal pregnancy related things or it could be something abnormal or not pregnancy related. I understand that you've probably asked this question to see if other mamas have the experience or expertise to ease your troubled mind, but meooma is correct in her suggestion to consult your physician. Most of us do not have anything more than our own pregnancies and the ability to do Google searches as a frame of reference. I hope that it is perfectly normal as Octobersmom has suggested and I'll go ahead and give you a bump as nepenthe429 has done. Good luck mama! And gratz on the baby! :)
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 9:37 AM on May. 15, 2011

• You can get frequent urination and cramping extremely early in pregnancy. There are a lot of changes going on down there very quickly, and this DOES press on your bladder and force your muscles to stretch. As long as you are not spotting, I wouldn't be too worried at all. Good luck mama!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:38 AM on May. 15, 2011

• gas
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:29 AM on May. 15, 2011

• how far along are you?? frequent urination is a side effect of pregnancy...so that's nothing new, but you could also have a UTI. I'd go and get that checked as it could cause pain as well.

Also, you could be having just round ligament pain from your muscles and uterus stretching. Sounds normal, but if you are concerned, it does not hurt to see your doctor.
    Patti_Mayo

Answer by Patti_Mayo at 9:31 AM on May. 16, 2011