How can I get my kids to listen better?

I have tried everything discipline wise on my 8 and 6 year old. I have took things away and stuck to it. I have done the grounded thing. I have done several time outs in one day.
My 8 and 6 year old think it is a big joke. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get them to listen? It is to the point where they laugh at me now when I tell them to do something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on May. 15, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I've done this a couple of times and it has worked like magic for me in this house with my two children ages 6 an 7. I put them to bed early, very early. One night they were in bed at like 6:30 - they hated it and it kept them in line for weeks. Just a month or so ago I did it again with the youngest one...no problems since. A couple moms on here suggested putting them to bed 10 minutes earlier for everytime they misbehave. Good Luck. You have to be consistent, you have to take charge.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:31 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I am assuming you have spanked???
    SonyaNaomi

Answer by SonyaNaomi at 11:05 PM on May. 15, 2011

• use examples of good choices and have them choose what the right choice is i talk to my kids alot so they understand right from wrong
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 12:16 PM on May. 23, 2011