Goody bags for end of school year party

So, I am the class parent, and I am putting together the goody bags for the end of the school year party. I try to make these pretty gender neutral. I also do not like to put candy in them, because they eat enough candy as it is! This is what I did for my son's first grade class last year:

One red baseball cap with name of school mascot hand-painted on it, child's name on the inside in sharpie pen
Pencils in school color
Stickers of school mascot
One small water gun
One whistle on a string
One superball
One pack of those gummy bracelets kids are trading, in generic shapes

That's it. Is that enough? Too much? What should I add? Any ideas?

By the way, this didn't cost a lot, I get the hats wholesale, and I buy the other crap throughout the year at the dollar store. I do all the goody bags for all the parties, so when stuff for holidays is 50% off, that's when I pick it up for the next year!

dwmom2008

Asked by dwmom2008 at 9:45 AM on May. 15, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We never used to get end of year goody bags lol I'd say you've done a good job if you want to add more that is up to you but otherwise I'd say your fine. You could add something like chalk to the bags which is cheap or go to a store like Iparty & see what they have bc they have bulk bags of cool things for goody bags, bubbles?
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 10:05 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I think that bubbles would be great, I have some left over in my box of stuff. Chalk I avoid, crayola is the only brand I trust to be lead free, and we live in a rural area. Not many kids have access to sidewalks or driveways! LOL! My son wants to add some tattoos, and my smart aleck husband suggested some earplugs for the parents! Thanks for your answer!
    dwmom2008

Comment by dwmom2008 (original poster) at 9:16 AM on May. 16, 2011