SO MY HUSBAND THINKS IT'S OK TO HAVE A FEMALE FRIEND WOULD YOU LET YOUR HUSBAND ?

I'm real pissed my husband is friends with this girl who comes in his job and he gave her our number and his cell he says she's engaged and i told him no way he says he told her i'm not happy but he still wants to be friends with her i have seen her before didn't know they were friends i trust him and all but what kind of woman would be friends with a married man if his wife is mad and why would she still call and i want to call her and curse her out should i and what should i say i know where she works and i want to go there and raise hell what does she want with my husband ???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• As long as he is not hanging out with her or constantly talking to her over the phone or text. I have a lot of guy friends and my SO doesnt care as long as Im not with them all the time or talking to them constantly. I wouldnt worry about it unless he is suspicious or you feel like she is a threat. GL!
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 5:28 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• CONTI....... THEY WORK DOWN THE STREET FROM EACH OTHER SHE GOES IN HIS STORE EVERY DAY TO GET COFFEE ETC.... AND HE SAY'S SHE IS JUST A GOOD PERSON BUT HOW COULD SHE BE IF SHE DON'T CARE THAT I'M PISSED ???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:29 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• NO HE IS AT WORK AND HOME AT ALL TIMES BUT SHE NEVER CALLS WHEN I'M HOME TO PICK UP !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:31 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• watch them very closely! If he starts to go out and stuff look into it!
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 5:40 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• OKAY THANKS !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:20 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Don't go to her job and confront her. Your problem is with your DH. It is his responsibility to make sure you are comfortable and respected in your marriage. He is obviously failing at that. When I started dating my DH, he had a female best friend, which I was fine with until she started disrespecting me by trying to hook him up with his ex. I told him that from that point forward if he was going to hang out with her or talk to her, that it needed to be done in my presence. She had a problem with that and their friendship eventually faded out. He doesn't care though, I'm more important to him than that. You need to be the most important person to your DH as well. Tell him that he needs to put your comfort first. If he doesn't, then I think you know that there is probably more to this than a friendship.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 6:24 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• BUT HE KNOWS HOW I FEEL I TOLD HIM TO STOP HE THINKS IM NOT GIVING HIM FREEDOM TO HAVE FRIENDS HE TELLS ME HE LOVES ME AND THAT HE WOULD NEVER CHEAT WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER 14 YEARS HE NEVER HAD A FEMALE FRIEND LIKE THIS I WANT TO CALL HER IF YOU SAY NO BUT WHY NOT IWOULD TELL HER TO NOT CALL MY HUSBAND HE IS MARRIED LEAVE HIM ALONE AND GO BE FRIENDS WITH A SINGLE MAN !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Ummm, I don't see the big deal. I really don't. He's not sleeping with her, he talks to her when she comes into her work and she calls occasionally, right? So what if you're not home. My DH has a really good friend that he worked with for 2 1/2 years. She text messages him, calls him a couple times a week, and occasionally they'll go to IHOP. Sometimes I go, sometimes I don't. I know he's not going to cheat on me with her. And when they go to IHOP it's typically a group of them, and she always brings her kids.

I mean... if you really want to pursue this with your DH, I think you should hold yourself to the same standards. You can't have any male friends either. It's not really fair for you to have friends that are guys, but he can't have friends that are girls. But in all honesty, this just sounds like your trying to control him. He hasn't done anything wrong - but your treating him like he has.
    melamommy24

Answer by melamommy24 at 7:17 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• oops, comes into his work, not her
    melamommy24

• If you don't like this, you need to take issue with your husband, not her. He's the one you're married to, and he's the one you feel is offending you.
    For better understanding of your husband, perhaps you can ask him what it is he likes about her. Is it her appearance, attitude, belief system, energy, etc?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:57 AM on Dec. 6, 2008