Back to the future?

My Dad always used to say he was born too late, he wanted to live in the Old West. Now I think that was great to be a man, you didn't have to be pregnant, have sick kids, or deal with diapers!

Are you grateful to live now with technology and modern conveniences or would you rather go back to the land and pee in a hole in the ground?

dwmom2008

Asked by dwmom2008 at 10:04 AM on May. 15, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• No thanks. If I lived back then Id already be dead.

Answer by gemgem at 10:53 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Yes, technology these days is very useful but I prefer the morals of society in the past somewhat more than today's.
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 10:10 AM on May. 15, 2011

• A world without Proactiv, birthcontrol, flat irons and indoor plumbing? lol. NOOOOO!!!! lol Dont make me go!

I would love to be in a time where food was more natural and trading goods was acceptable. I guess if I didnt know what our modern day conveniences were like then I would be ok with out houses...
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 10:10 AM on May. 15, 2011

• i think i would prefer to live in a simpler time when villages really did help raise our children and pollution wasn't an issue.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 10:36 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I agree. Old Fashioned Morals would be nicer. You know, when they use to appreciate that the people walked 1/2 mile to get to church instead of now when they pick about the clothes you wear or how much you donate...
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 10:13 AM on May. 15, 2011

• This is a really good question! THANKS!
    It would be nice if we could have the values of the past and the modern conveniences and scientific discoveries of the present together in today's world. The family values and morals are much needed now.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:43 AM on May. 15, 2011

• All things considered, I think I'd only like to go VISIT Arthurian England, Medieval times, the Renaissance maybe even ancient Greece and Rome. BUT, being female it would royally SUCK, all of those times paid little to no attention to the fact that we have MINDS.

So no I would NOT want to live in those times, but I would love to go visit.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:22 AM on May. 15, 2011

• It seems like back then the world was easier and more of a pure places. NOW EVERYTHING IS COMPLICATED AND EVERYTHING HAS RULES AND PROTOCOL
    Twokids201189

Answer by Twokids201189 at 10:49 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I think I would have loved to live back in Tudor England...but I'm black so I don't think that would have really worked out for me LOL
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:10 AM on May. 15, 2011

• With the shorter lifespan and no vaccines i would have to say no. Plus i'm very outspoken and headstrong so i wouldn't fit in with women who were expected to be seen but not heard. I rather like air conditioning and the internet too much. But the morals and values would be a nice change in climate. People today will walk around you if you fall in wal mart where back then they stopped to lend you a hand up. Good question.
    tattooedmama126

Answer by tattooedmama126 at 12:00 PM on May. 15, 2011