Are Your Kids Allergic To Anything?

My 6 yr old is allergic to tree nuts. If he eats any tree nuts, he has trouble breathing and needs to be rushed to the hospital. My 4 yr old and 16 month old aren't allergic to anything.

What about your kids?

JessMomToDLA

Asked by JessMomToDLA at 10:09 AM on May. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• My 19 yr old is allergic to red dye. My 6 & 11 yr old are allergic to pollen.

Answer by gemgem at 10:11 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Nope- but my nephew who just turned 2 is allergic to anything and everything. I feel so bad for his parents. They cant hire a babysitter and they have to be super careful. Hopefully he will grow out of it.
    lauralivivy

Answer by lauralivivy at 10:12 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Nothing so far...both my kids have been stung by honeybees already too. Definitely no food allergies....
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 10:13 AM on May. 15, 2011

• no food allergies, but my daughter is allergic to pollen, ragweed and something in the grass (she can't go outside if we are cutting grass, she ends up, up all night coughing and with breathing treatments)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 10:20 AM on May. 15, 2011

• My son isn't really allergic, but he has celiacs disease and can not ingest gluten which is found in wheat, rye, barley, malt, and a few other things.
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 10:32 AM on May. 15, 2011

• my 2 year old has seasonal allergies/asthma but no food allergies.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:36 AM on May. 15, 2011

• 3 kids and nothing yet!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:45 AM on May. 15, 2011

• My 7 month old is allergic to dairy and eggs. I'm wondering if he is also allergic to tree nuts or red dye, it has to be one or the other. He is exclusively breast fed so thank heavens he hasn't ingested anything except for through my milk.

SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 10:52 AM on May. 15, 2011

• My two kids are not allergic to anything, thank goodness.

I DO have a nephew that's allergic to soy, nuts and dairy, eggs I can't remember. HOWEVER, as he gets older he's getting a tolerance or growing out of the allergies because he can now have soy sauce and a few nuts, with the approval and guidance of his doctor of course.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:25 AM on May. 15, 2011

• My 9yo son is severely allergic to cats and dogs. More so for cats. If he gets around a cat his face swells up, his eyes swell shut, he breaks out in hives, his lips turn blue. It's pretty scary but usually controllable with Benadryl. His reaction to dogs isn't as bad but still annoying.
    None of my kids have any food allergies.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:04 PM on May. 15, 2011