How did i not notice this before?

I decided to look at my profile because it kept saying that I had activity on my page. I couldn't figure out where the activity was, lol. Some of you wonderful mamas had written on my page. Now I feel retarded. I apologize to all of those who wrote me and I never responded. Has there been anything on this website that you just didn't realize was there and then felt dumb after figuring it out? Lol

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 10:21 AM on May. 15, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Oh yeah....FYI - your use of the word 'retarded' may get some flack..Put on your thick skin and good luck.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:25 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Activity on your page..where? New to me.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:24 AM on May. 15, 2011

• I get on cafemom mobile so I guess it would be my chatter box? Lol on the top of my phone it will say activity and normally it is messsages, etc. But apparently it shows me when other try to talk to me...I just didn't realize it.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 10:26 AM on May. 15, 2011

• well before it was revised, you had to check on the chatterbox yourself to see if anyone left a messege, you werent notified at all. But yes, there was a chick who said to email her or something like that, and i didnt realize she left it in my chatterbox, i just saw it one day.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:27 AM on May. 15, 2011

• there was also someone who mailed out a question to everyone of her friends and she asked if anyone reads her email, when you mail out a messege to a big amount of pple, it goes into bulk messeges which i think isnt important. so i havent read it till MONTHS after!!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:32 AM on May. 15, 2011

• That BIG "search CafeMom" area in the top right corner. Until the hundredth "how do I potty train my...." question and a frustrated momma posted a link for MANY similar questions that are still around in/on CafeMom.

What a great little tool :)
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:30 AM on May. 15, 2011

• At the bottom of the little drop down from clicking Activity is the option to view all recent activity. Also works if you double click the word activity itself. I've found on my phone, that drop down opens up behind the ad up there instead of in front of it, so I can't read anything on it or click it. Going to the "view all" lets you see everything that you've gotten a notification about and a link to go to it, whether it's answers, chatter box or your journal.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:27 PM on May. 15, 2011

• On CafeMom we consider the word ‘retard’ to be a slur against people with disabilities. We have learned from moms offended by this word, often mothers of children with disabilities, that they feel its use perpetuates a stigma against those who are handicapped. While we understand that the use of the word in this thread was not intended to offend, we ask that you keep these moms in mind and refrain from posting it on CafeMom.

``The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 2:39 PM on May. 15, 2011