What can i do to shake this fatigue??

if anything? ive had a bad streak of luck, starting with my husband separating from the family last sunday, being in a rough financial situation, getting my AF a few days ago and it being extremely heavy and painful, and today i have cold-like symptoms. i also quit smoking 3 weeks ago which i know can be a contributing factor to fatigue in the first few weeks but i think im passed that stage. anyway all of the stress i'm sure is weighing me down. i have 3 little ones to take care of completely by myself. i'm not eating enough but im trying and i do make my food choices healthy. i go to bed early but stay up late, toss and turn half the night and wake up early. i have my morning coffee which gives me a couple hours worth of a boost but around this time i start to crash. its almost 11am here and my girls aren't taking naps for several more hours. im going to keep drudging on like usual but is there any magical food or drink that can pick me up a little til naptime? my eyes feel so heavy :( and ironically if i could lay down now i wouldn't be able to sleep!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:41 AM on May. 15, 2011 in Health

• You have so much going on right now, but you might want to have a checkup and bloodwork done. Tell the doctor about all your symptoms. To get to sleep you might try having a consistent night time routine and have a cup of chamomile tea or some warm milk. It helps me a lot. GL
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 10:45 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Make sure you are drinking water during the day, being dehydrated can cause fatigue! Make sure you are eating protein, even eggs and cheese have some, women need 30 grams per day. Stop watching TV in bed at night, practice some good sleep hygiene, watch TV in the living room, but only sleep in the bed! No caffeine after noon. And I would go for a physical, if you don't take care of yourself, who will take care of the kids? And have your iron tested, see if you are anemic, and have your B12 tested. You can start taking a B12 supplement now if you want. Buy the pills that dissolve under the tongue, it's called "sublingual". They are at Walmart, better than nothing. I'm not a doctor, this is just what has worked for me. Good luck!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 10:45 AM on May. 15, 2011

• And CONGRATULATIONS ON QUITTING SMOKING! Proud of you! Keep it up and don't go back!

you rock

dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 10:47 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Make yourself a juice with natural beets, this will give you a boost!

Answer by older at 10:49 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Eat an apple and drink a big glass of water or milk or something. The apple will help wake you up, and the drink will help hydrate. I start crashing around 3pm, right before I have to go to work, and eating an apple on my drive and drinking something (for me it's usually Gatorade) really does wonders.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D deficiencies are HUGE contributing factors to fatigue. If you haven't already, have a B12 and a Vitamin D 25-OH labs drawn....hope this helps!
    sadmotherof4

Answer by sadmotherof4 at 2:00 PM on May. 15, 2011

• it also seems that if i take a break and relax the fatigue becomes overwhelming. the more i move around the better but im not an energizer bunny lol i can't keep going and going. i do need to stop at some point and that's when the fatigue sets in and it comes on fast and strong.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 10:46 AM on May. 15, 2011