Anyone have a hard time being a working mother?

I often get frustrated and overwhelmed working two jobs and taking care of my ds. My DH also works two jobs so life gets pretty hectic. My DS is 9 months old and I cry every time I drop him off with my MIL and go to work. I haven't always been a hard worker and used to job hop a lot but now that I have a DS to support along with helping my DH my work ethics have changed completely. sometimes all in all I feel like a whole new person being a mother and I think the changes are for the best. I want to be the most amazing mother I can possibly be and its a bit overwhelming but a moms gotta do what a moms gotta do from putting food on the table and diapers on the LO, right? :)

kpincince

Asked by kpincince at 10:54 AM on May. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, it is difficult to work and raise children. And if you are working two jobs its even harder.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:04 AM on May. 15, 2011

• You are right, gotta do what you gotta do! I was laid off 14 months ago and have spent that time home with my dd. I got a job and have to go back to work tomorrow, I'm definately sad about it. I think this will be worse than when I went back to work when she was an infant. My MIL watches her too though, so I know she's in good hands. Hang in there!
    zradiogirl

Answer by zradiogirl at 11:17 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Hang in there!! Just take one day at a time. You are working for survival, not because you need something to do with your spare time. Always remember that...
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 11:40 AM on May. 15, 2011

• It isn't easy. Especially now with the economy the way it is. My DH was unable to find work for almost a year. I was then called for an interview and started the job that I have now. He started a job shortly after. But he no longer works there. I am still working and I work full time. It is so very difficult to be at work all day. Right now I am the one that can make more money. But I am reassured that they are at home with DH. That is such a blessing that your MIL is able to help. We are not as lucky.
    I get through it by reminding myself that I have to provide for them. It isn't easy but I know they have what they need and want and that's what matters.
    Good luck! You guys are doing all you can for your children and thats what matters. Us Cafe Moms are here for you too :) I am new on here and I already feel better knowing that I have this community.
    MommyJess4

Answer by MommyJess4 at 12:02 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I am a wahm and I work 8hrs/day (40/wk). So it can be challenging and frustrating to get everything done- housework, spend time with kids, hubby time, and get work done by daily deadline. Sometimes I wish there were more than 24hrs in the day, as 24 just does not seem long enough somedays. It is also hard because sometimes the kids don't understand the concept of "I am working" and they will come in and pester me, distract me, and start fussing for me to get things for them (even if dad is home to tend to them they will still fuss for my attention).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:33 PM on May. 15, 2011