My 1 mth yr old has reflux what helps?

I burp him frequently, feed him small amts and hes on enfamil infant.

Twokids201189

Asked by Twokids201189 at 11:06 AM on May. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son had reflux for 9 months, then it went away completely. Be sure to sit the baby up while he's eating. Also after he eats, like in a car seat, whatever, that he will be semi upright in and not laying flat. I used rice cereal to thicken up the formula. It works, but many people are against this so I'm just saying what worked for ME. Stressing that, what worked FOR ME. Also my son had I think Prevacid.
    Ask the pediatrician what to do. These are things that mine recommended and worked for US.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 11:10 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Talk to his doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on May. 15, 2011

• infant probiotics.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 11:16 AM on May. 15, 2011

• My son ended up on Similac Lactose Free and liquid Zantac. I was told to prop the bassinet/crib mattress on a small incline
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 11:21 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Baby Bjorn or some other sling that keeps the baby upright,propping after feeding,doing bicycle legs to let the gas out,also look up infant massage G/L :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:27 AM on May. 15, 2011

• are you willing to breastfeed and try a dairy free diet?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:22 PM on May. 15, 2011

• If you're open to it, nursing or breast milk can help. Get a referral to a pediatric gastroenterologist, he may need testing for reflux (if he hasn't had it already) and a prescription medication.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:29 PM on May. 15, 2011

• soft stomach massage
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:26 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Babies can sleep on a wedge (Google it), talk to doc about medicines, burp as much as you can, hold baby up alot. I had my 4th child in my arms for months! We also had an apnea monitor (she turned BLUE the day after we brought her home)... This can be a very scary disease for some of us. I read EVERYTHING I could on the net.
    SonyaNaomi

Answer by SonyaNaomi at 8:45 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Zantac - only thing that helped my son. talk to your doctor
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 8:50 PM on May. 15, 2011