loosing my mind

my 4 year old is very attached to his grammy....i feel like i'm just an outsider, his a total brat to me, throws things at me, kicks me, etc,etc,etc, i dont know what to do anymore. I have a almost 2 year old as well and am pregnant with my 3rd. Its like i just want to give up on him at times and let grammy adopt him, Its to much for me, i dont even know what to do anymore, i try to be the best mom ever to him, but everything i do fails! any advice?

mommak0056

Asked by mommak0056 at 12:49 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in General Parenting

• You should talk to his grammy since he's so attached and see if she will persuade him to listen to you. Or a least tell you how she gets him to obey.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I agree, talk to grammy, she can probably help, and always try to stay calm, children can sense when you get tense, remember he was inside of you for 9 mos. Never give up on your kids, trust me they never forget! Keep trying and keep your spirits up, he might be jealous that hes not the baby anymore and grammy makes him feel like hes the baby and thats why he gravitates to her, just talk to her and tell her how you feel and if she can help you. Hope this helps!
    amber91580

Answer by amber91580 at 3:32 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• First stay calm and relax, your Pregnant!
    Second - Talk to Grammy and share your feelings with her, ask for her help. Sounds like your Son is going through a phase and with everything going on with a new baby comming, it can be overwelming for him so his Grammy is his comfort right now. Its normal for little ones to have a attachement to someone other then the parents. Your his Mommy and he knows this. NO ONE can replace Mommy in a Childs heart and eyes. :)
    Be Patient! It'll work out.
    How about setting up some play time with just him?
    Take him somewhere special.
    Good Luck Momma and Congrats. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Like a pp said, it is normal for little ones to have an attachment to a close relative.... my little ones aren't so "little" anymore, but they have always, always behaved better with their grandparents than at home.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Grandparents are always better than mom and dad because grandparents spoil the kids ;) I would stick it out and hang in there. Things will get better. Try to talk to her about the things she lets him do. Maybe she's letting him get away with too much while he's with her. Then when he's with you and you try to take control, he's no longer getting his way. My kids do the same thing to me once they've spent the day with someone else.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• You need to have a talk to him. Grandma has to know this situation as well because grandma loves him but can't take care of him like you do. She 'd better work on turning your boy'heart back to you at least a little piece.

I know what you mean! My older son is 150% grandma's boy, his grandma is his best buddy and everything. Grandma senses it and turn this boy around back to me, now he realizes mom is the boss and the only one can make things happene.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2008