Did your kids ever have to correct you when you were talking about their favorite characters?

haha I remember when my step sister called it Pokeman instead of Pokemon when she was talking to me in front of her boyfriends son. We laughed for a while about that one. My son gave me a lesson in Transformers after I was coloring with him and didn't know which ones were Autobots or Megabots. They ALL were black & white! How was I suppose to know? lol

ThatBoysMom

Asked by ThatBoysMom at 11:43 AM on May. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yes! I am not the only Transformers ignoramus out here in Mommy land! LOL! Listen up bitches, I know all of the characters from Star Wars, I could name them all, my son has over 100 of these stupid action figures (they're small plastic DOLLS really, but he pouts when I point that out) and I know them all by name and version, we have 5 Obi Wans. But the one time, just one time I mix up an Autobot with Decepticon, oh, I am just a maroon! I didn't hear the end of that for a week! Pretty hypocritical from someone who cannot even file their own taxes, or prepare food beyond a simple sandwich, don't you think? I'd like to take him to task, he didn't know what a Smurf was, or who Jabberjaw Shark was! hah! I am the superior character knower of things! Stupid kids and their stupid stuff.

OMG. I sound so old. Kill me now... Plus, yes, I am a Star Wars geek. Only girl who saw all 3 movies in the theater. When they came out!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 1:09 PM on May. 15, 2011

• decepticons not megabots is a whole other cartoon

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:48 AM on May. 15, 2011

• sorry megabots is a whole other cartoon an anime
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:49 AM on May. 15, 2011

• Lol @pinkdragon...I was thinking that too....

Ummm...my daughter is still in her Barney/Cailou phase so not yet...but my brothers used to get peeved about me not knowing how significant Dragon Ball Z was to their lives lol...I LOVE how serious little kids can get about thier cartoons lol....although I guess I'm the same way with Family Guy and American Dad lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:52 AM on May. 15, 2011

• always, i didnt like toy story as a kid and I can't sit threw it now either. I do my best to 'check in' and learn bits about woody and buzz but I am by no means the toy story expert
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 11:53 AM on May. 15, 2011

• oh yes....all the transformers, star wars and other characters. Funny how your child can make you interseted in learning things.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 11:54 AM on May. 15, 2011

• well he told me Megabots. Maybe he was thinking Megatron. haha. He thinks I am suppose to know all the hero names and their powers too! its just sooo many to keep track of
    ThatBoysMom

Comment by ThatBoysMom (original poster) at 12:01 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Megatron is the bad guy.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:15 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Yup
    ThatBoysMom

Comment by ThatBoysMom (original poster) at 12:25 PM on May. 15, 2011

• No I saw all three star wars flicks too
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:13 PM on May. 15, 2011