Do you think a 15m old would understand or like a kitchen set?

I want to get my daughter a kitchen set and I asked my sister if he thought she would play with it and she said she would probably just play with the pieces which is fine with me. But I have a 2 1/2 yr old that would be playing with it with her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would think so. I got my son a kitchen last year for Christmas and he has played with it since and he was only 18 months old last Christmas.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:42 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Maybe- but a lot of those food pieces are in the choking hazard size for a little one- you can get one but be extra careful with the accessories...You'd be surprised how crappily made some of the food pieces are...Like my DD got one food set with a chili pepper in it- do you believe the green top separated very easy from the red pepper part!!! Seriously really inspect each thing piece no matter what the age reccommendation in on it!
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 11:40 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• The 2.5 year old will "get" it and pretend play with the kitchen set. The little one won't pretend play but she'll play with it in her own way and she will grow into the toy.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:55 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• When my son was 15 months he loved playing with the kitchen set. He couldn't play the way an older child would but he still really enjoyed it.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Yes! They will love it. My MIL has one and my daughter has been playing with it since she was about 12 months old. It helped her learn the names of food she doesn't see often and how to open and close doors.
    oceanlover84

Answer by oceanlover84 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• My daughter was 15 mo. when she got to play with the one at my grandparents house. It was her favorite toy. and do be careful cuz they do sometimes have small pieces. You can get one that grows with them I think fisher price has one that makes sizzling noises and all kinds of fun things that starts out for younger kids and you can adjust when they get older.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 5:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• DD, 2, and DS, 10 months, are getting one this Christmas....I know they're going to enjoy it...
    moore_me03

Answer by moore_me03 at 2:43 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• We got one for my DD for her 1st birthday and she liked it. She liked openeing all the cupboards and turing the knobs and moving things around. Now she is 21 months and turns on the water and makes "shhhhhh" sounds like the water is actually running and likes to turn the table in the microwave. It's definately a good buy.
    ceemuhreeashbee

Answer by ceemuhreeashbee at 6:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2008