When should I call? Should I even call?

I put in an application yesterday for a job that I REALLY need right now. I'm stepping into the work force as a recent single mom and truely need this job. I want to ensure I have atleast consideration for the job so should I call to check it out? How long should I wait and what should I say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would wait until the 'close' date.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:41 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I would call back on Tues or Web to 'check the status of your application. You may even want to go in and ask someone face to face.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:41 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Call them Monday afternoon.

Answer by gemgem at 12:44 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I'd call in the next couple days and let them know that you're really inteested in the job and that you are hoping to set up a time to come in for an interveiw.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:46 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Like the first poster said, if there's a "close" date on the position, I'd wait until around then to call and ask about your application. But if there's not a "close" date, I'd give it a day or two, then call and ask. Call back at least once a week until you get an answer either way. It shows that you're interested, and serious about the position.
    AnGLInterrupted

Answer by AnGLInterrupted at 3:17 PM on May. 15, 2011