What time do you wake up with your kiddos/how old r they?

My son wakes up between5-6 every single day, I HATE IT, but keeping him up late doesn't make him sleep in, it just makes him cranky! I wish I had SO to wake up with my son on sundays, I miss my lazy sundays Lol.

JnCV

Asked by JnCV at 12:42 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• my 9 week old has been getting up between five and six, eating, and then going back to bed until almost eight. although this morning, he wanted to be up and be ready for the sunrise at 430. needless to say, this mama's tired.
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 3:18 PM on May. 15, 2011

• 3 and 6 and they wake up every morning, no matter what time they went to sleep, at 7 am. Just SHOOT me. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:43 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My 6 yr old gets up at 6:30 on school days. I have to make her get up. On weekends she up by 7am. My 11 yr old same as 6 yr old except if we let him he would sleep til 10. My teens, well, all different. I only have one who is up all night and sleeps all dayl.

Answer by gemgem at 12:43 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My 19 month old wakes me up between 7:30-8:00.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:45 PM on May. 15, 2011

• my kids are 3 and 5 - they wake up with out fail everyday between 6:30 - 7:00. I can't complain too much b/c that is there weekday schedule, so I can't really expect them to change b/c it is the weekend.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 1:27 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My 4 year old wakes up right around 6 every morning and has to open and shut her door constantly to see if anyone else is up yet. Which in turn wakes me and my 7 year old up. My alarm doesn't go off until 7.

And, like some of the other posters it doesn't matter WHAT time she goes to bed, she's still up at 6. I think the latest she's slept in is 7:10. My 7 year old is getting a little better about sleeping in, but he'll also stay up half the night reading his books.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:27 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My kids get up on their own. They don't need me to be up with them. They usually wake up between 6-7am most days (even on school days... they don't leave for the bus until 8am). They just eat breakfast and watch TV. When the baby wakes up (usually around 7am) they always come in my room and get him so I can keep sleeping. I don't make them do it, they always volunteer. They enjoy taking care of him in the morning. My kids are almost 11, 9 1/2, 8 1/2, 5 and 10 months.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:45 PM on May. 15, 2011

• my kids are 3 and 6 I wake them up every morning at 645 on school days because my youngest leaves for school at 715 and my oldest leaves for school at 750. I was waking up at 7 until 3 weeks ago when my youngest started headstart. On weekends I let them sleep. My youngest gets up anywhere from 730 with an accasional 8 or 830. My oldest will wake anywhere from 8-930 that is if her sister doesn't wke her.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:49 PM on May. 15, 2011

• wow.. I think is great that your kids volunteer, but Idk, I think its lame that your kids get up and ready for school by themselves and make there own breakfast AND watch your infant when there all 11 and younger. No offence. JMO
    JnCV

Comment by JnCV (original poster) at 12:49 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Yeah, you can try making his room darker, or getting a clock with hands, put some tape where six am is, and tell him, when the hands match the tape, you can come get me, but depending on the age, this could be asking for trouble! My 8 yo is an early riser. I'm not a morning person, but he doesn't know that! He just knows not to go crazy with me until I have had a cup of coffee :) It's pretty much an inborn thing, I think.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 12:54 PM on May. 15, 2011