So here is a dumb question...

Why do flies always die in the window sills? They fly all over the house but the only place you ever see them dead is in the window sill. :0D

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 12:50 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Ha ha ha!!! Awesome question...it's like they know they are going to die and want to be as close to outside as they can get lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:52 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Because they are trying to get outside? Because they are attracted to the light from the window? I don't know either, but it's so gross finding them there! Ugh. I read somewhere that their average lifespan was three days. Imagine having the crappy life of a common fly.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 12:51 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Lol they died trying to get outside. I noticed that, too. What creeps me out is when they come back to life! I had a box in storage in which about 5 flies died in the box. I brought it inside and all of a sudden those damn flies came back to life!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:59 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Obviously I didn't notice the flies until I unpacked everything out of it, but it was about an hour later that the decided to wake up...yuck!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:00 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I don't know but I'd like to know why a fly will buzz around me incessantly and the minute I pick up the fly swatter it disappears!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 1:13 PM on May. 15, 2011

• That is a good question. I have no idea! haha
    Ashley-England

Answer by Ashley-England at 2:26 PM on May. 15, 2011