Rant: closet a mess! its a sunday and im indoors fixing the kids closet. they are ages 10 & 9! aaaargh!!! so frustrated.

lavenderrose5

Asked by lavenderrose5 at 1:01 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Well, I hope they are working right along side of you!! It should be a joint project and could even be fun if you are doing it together.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 1:11 PM on May. 15, 2011

• No. I sent them out to go with their dad to a soccer game. I'm really upset so id rather do it myself then when they get home, ill tell them that their closet should always look like that. I took away their cellphone & video.
    lavenderrose5

Comment by lavenderrose5 (original poster) at 1:17 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My kids know that when I have to clean up their mess (they are 11 and 16) they will loose all of the stuff I had to clean up. I would pack up everything and they would have to earn it back.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:20 PM on May. 15, 2011

• You might want to start a weekly/bi-weekly closet 'inspection' and they do not get to do anything fun unless it is in order.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 1:34 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Yes! Will do that. :)
    lavenderrose5

Comment by lavenderrose5 (original poster) at 2:11 PM on May. 15, 2011

• my kids dresser are labled, as to what goes where. I've done this sense they were young, they are now 10 & 12. My 17 yr old doesn't need to be told anymore, she is sometimes more orgained then I am and drives me crazy. LOL
    it's all about teaching them the correct ways to clean and pick up.

I'm by no means saying my kids are perfect but they know what I expect and they are expected to come clean up anything they leave out.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 6:44 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Don't stress yourself out...let them do their own room/closet. They are going to get used to you doing everything for them. You gotta let them do it on their own...if it's not done to your liking then you guide them on how to do it.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 9:13 PM on May. 15, 2011

• don't stress out about it just do what you want and then when they get home if there is more to get done make them help; it doesn't hurt kids to help around the house--they think it does but it doesn't my boys(ages 9 and 4) help every Saturday with vacuuming; picking up their stuff; doing laundry; helping in the yard, etc. This has been the deal every since they were old enough to help. I feel they make the messes they can help clean them up
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:08 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Yes I am checking daily now. Mini pick up is way better than.spending the whole morning reorganizing their closet and me getting upset. Their closet is organized now. Saw some clothes on the floor & dd1 picked it up. Daily inspection! :)
    lavenderrose5

Comment by lavenderrose5 (original poster) at 2:36 AM on May. 17, 2011

• We just spent all weekend doing the same exact thing. The girls (10,8), were shoving their laundry in there. It was a massive pile of clothes. They have built in closet organizers too. We are conducting weekly checks to make sure it is organized properly.
    teensaverstest

Answer by teensaverstest at 10:44 AM on May. 17, 2011