EVERYDAY!!!!!! adult content

my DH's mom or dad are divorced and everyday they come up with something they want him to do he works second shift and wakes up at noon and half the time they start calling at 8am to wake him up or they show up!!!! and on his days off it's ten times worse and I'm getting sick of it it is really taking away from our time , my time and time that we could be spending as a family and time with his daughter!!!!!! how do I get this to stop!!!! without looking like a BITCH

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• YOU do not get it to stop with out looking like a bitch.

He is a grown man... HE needs to talk to his parents and tell them that he is a husband and father and he has responsibilities at home. HE needs to do this and keep you 100% out of it.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 1:23 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Wow, that's a tough one. Sounds like they don't know word "boundaries". The only person that can make any changes to this is your husband. GL
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 1:22 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Maybe try talking to your husband about it. I mean, he's a grown man, they shouldn't need him like that... that's insane.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 1:23 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Maybe you need to sit hubby down and set up a time for them to call if they need something one day a week when he will spend one hour helping or answering calls. Tell them this is family time and point to the day when they are to call set an hour for each parent and move on.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:25 PM on May. 15, 2011

• U need to talk to hubby and have him tell them that he will call them when he wakes up. Also have him tell them,please don't come over while I'm sleeping.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:29 PM on May. 15, 2011

• You can't get it to stop. HE CAN
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 1:25 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I know exactly how you feel. Dh had his first day off yesterday since Easter and his parents were here almost all day, then invited themselves over for dinner.... Your husband needs to learn the word no. My dh finally told his parents yesterday after dinner that we ( our kids and me and dh) were going out for ice cream, and that we would see them later. When his mom asked where we were going he told her, we are going to Maggie moos, but reiterated that is was just US. make sure you and dh are on the same page. Make sure he knows that it really bothers you, and you don't like that his parents take priority over your family. Good luck mama!!!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:38 PM on May. 15, 2011

• looking like one or not sometimes you have to do it to get ppls attention by the way once you get married yall supposed to depart from family and rely on one another so tell him to be a man and stop it
    alliep2011

Answer by alliep2011 at 1:46 PM on May. 15, 2011

• This is up to your dh, not you. You need to talk to him & tell him how it bothers you that you guys don't get to spend time together that much anymore. You shouldn't have to a say a word to your inlaws, its up to him. Honestly, why isn't it bothering him that he isn't spending that much time with you anymore ?? I'd be asking him that question as well. Good luck, hun.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 1:52 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Do your stuff and smile
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:08 PM on May. 15, 2011