Anyone use Mary Kay products? Tell me your opinion (from experience only)

MKMommy662

Asked by MKMommy662 at 1:26 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I love Mary Kay but i can't always afford it.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 1:27 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I have... Im not a huge fan, they feel cheap on the skin.

HOWEVER, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the foot care products
    Anonymous

• what did you like about the foot care products? and how long did you use it, I am trying to get a feel for the business because i am thinking about selling Mary Kay while I stay @ home with my newborn!!
    MKMommy662

Comment by MKMommy662 (original poster) at 1:31 PM on May. 15, 2011

• i used to use this cleansing mask and it was awesome! I forget the name of it, but I remember it was pink and you left it on for 5-10 minutes. My skin felt wonderful afterward.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 1:31 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I use to only wear MK for years. Love microdermabrasion...so great with the serum you apply after. I have never really liked the foundations- they dry my skin out. The purple moisterizing gel is pretty good too. Mascara sucks.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 1:32 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Personally I would choose a higher quality product to sell. I dont think there are many women out there into mary kay anymore. I would choose a more crunchy granolla brand that you can believe in. the mary kay line just sounds 1950s and of low quality. This is perception... but it will be easier to sell a product if the perception of it is better.

Im the original anon on this post.
    Anonymous

• I tried it. I wasn't impressed. I can buy Clinique at the counter in Macy's and even Merle Norman for about the same price. I felt that the cleansing products were a little too heavily perfumed for my allergies... The foundation wasn't heavy enough for my taste. The powders were okay. I don't really wear eye shadow, so I never saw a big need for that. They do not have the type of eyeliner that I like.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:38 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Anyone sold it before? How well did you do? and what were the challenges? Thanks
    MKMommy662

Comment by MKMommy662 (original poster) at 1:50 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I used to sell Mary Kay. I love love love the satin care products. But I do have to say that the products are not as good as they used to be when Mary kay was still alive. I stopped selling because it was very overwhelming to have 2 full time jobs on top of having to sell...it just became too much work. It has been 5 years since I stopped selling so I am not familiar with their new products, but I did like them.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:54 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Thank you so much Amber1330!!! your response really helped me!!!
    MKMommy662

Comment by MKMommy662 (original poster) at 1:59 PM on May. 15, 2011