A baby out of wedlock...

A lot of people have been commenting to me that I probably got married young when they find out that I am 20 and have a 5 month old...Then when I laugh and say I'm not married just yet. They looked SHOCKED and some are even offended...
I personaly don't theres anything wrong with how Randall and I are living. We had Gauge, we live together and we pretty much ARE married. One day I will marry him but not right now.
My Momma was married 7 times and I don't want to make that mistake. She is a great woman and has 3 kids including myself. So don't even think she's a hoe dog.
Anyway, what do yall think?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 8:52 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• LMAOOOOOO!!! I'm so glad to see this post!!! I've been with my fiance' for 4 years and we have 2 kids...we've been living together for 2 years and everybody is like, "when are y'all gonna stop shackin' up and get married?" Nevermind the fact that the people who are spouting that crap have marriages that should be flushed down the crapper!!! I'm always like, "whenever we decide to..."
    moore_me03

Answer by moore_me03 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I was always told having a kid is no reason to be getting married. No need to be making two dumb decisions at once. But Im not knocking those who do it, Im glad i didnt get married to my child's bio dad. worked out for the best she has never seen him and the last time i saw him was before she was born.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 8:56 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I think if you are happy thats all that matters. As long as your Mom is a good Mom doesn't matter how many times she has been married, she just hasn't found "the one" yet.Just because someone isn't married with a baby doesn't mean that they are bad parents. Don't worry what people think, its their opinion and you know what they say about opinions and buttholes,lol. Anyway, some people can be married umpteen years and be miserable, so what is that saying. Be happy, you have only one life to live and you should live it like you want as long as you are happy.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 8:58 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Your situation sounds like mine =] I'm 20 and I've been with my boyfriend for 18 months. My daughter is due literally any day now. We've been ridiculed and criticized more times than I can count because we're not married yet. My mom is on her third marriage...so yeah, I know that I don't want to rush into anything anytime soon. We're YOUNG. We're already parents, so why do we absolutely HAVE to get married just because we're having a baby together? I want to marry him eventually, duh, and he wants to marry me...but we'd both like to wait a few years so we can get more secure and create a better life for our baby before we tie the knot.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:11 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• It's not my type of lifestyle but if YOU are happy then screw EVERYTHING that anyone says about it, ok? If things are going great then leave them be. There's no reason to go and get married because people are stuck in the old days of getting married before holding hands. LOL.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 9:14 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• i personally think that is the smartest thing a 20 year old has ever said. funny how things change but still remain the same....so pre-mid evil! What i tell my children is take the best of both your dad & myself keep it warm in your heart so that it will show thru. All the bad stuff, learn from it then toss it away...it obviously didnt do us (dad & me) any good, so it sure wont do you any good. I feel all the bad things ive done or go thru are a pre-set stage so my children wont have to. Multiple marriages doesnt make your mom anything except...maybe a jerk magnet. at least she know how to get away from a bad marriage. so many will tough it out & the kids get hurt. I support your decision, i think your being very smart. tell your moma thanks for letting you learn from her mistakes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• And I think it's smart of you not to jump into a marriage cuz you have a baby. My sis got pregnant at 19 and she married the bastard and he made her life HELL. They are now divorced and it hasn't changed much....
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 9:36 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I turned 27 today and have a 5 year old little girl -- her dad and I have been together for 10 years and have lived together since she was 6 months old... and guess what - we're still not married.... people ask me all the time why we don't just take that final step and get married since we practically are anyway but the truth is we both don't have good experiance with marriage... My parents went through an ugly split when I was a teen and he was married before we met and had a horrific marriage and divorce. I live by the motto "if it ain't broke don't fix it" -- maybe society will get to us eventually and it will happen but for now all is well in my little "house of sin"! LoL
    EmmysMom113

Answer by EmmysMom113 at 9:36 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• omg, 7 times!! live your life the way that works for u.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 9:48 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• i wouldnt marry my kids dad we dont really get along put i have been put down to about it even my grandfather said crap to me about it but i look at it this way im happy with my life not being married and it is my descion not to marry
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:55 AM on Dec. 6, 2008