What the heck!

So I just travelled 600 miles with an infant to visit my friends and family and I am sitting in here bored to death in parent's house because no one is around to spend time with. I have called three people and no one returns my phone calls. My sister left forthe weekend so I don't even get to see her or spend time with her kids. My mom decided to do an extra cleaning job and my dad is out fixing stuff. Seriously people! I visit maybe 3 times a year and you can't take the three frinkin' days I am here to spend time with me. It makes me want to pack up my stuff and leave. I am so hurt right now I can't even begin to describe how angry this makes me. I just needed to vent somewhere where they wouldn't see this because they would probably accuse me of being selfish. I can't go out and do same things with them as before because I have an infant now and it is too cold to take her outside. I can't just go clean with my mom because she is napping. It just makes me feel like no one cares about me. What the heck is family worth if they don't even act like they like you.

08MrsAllen

Asked by 08MrsAllen at 1:36 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Did they know you were coming?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:39 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Did they know you were coming ahead of time or did you surprise them? If it was a surprise then I don't think they probably had time to rearrange their schedule...if they knew you were coming then yes that does seem very rude and I would be hurt too
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:40 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Yeah! What the others asked,Did they know u were coming?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:43 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Did they know in advance you were coming into town?
    If yes then I'd get some rest and plan on leaving soon if nothing changes. GL
    Hope as the day goes by it changes.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:43 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Have you took the time to tell them what you are telliing us? Tell them you need 5 minutes of their time and sit them down. Don't yell, scream or accuse them of not wanting to spend time with you, just explain that your time is limited and you would like to have some quality time with them. Tell them it is important to you, just like they are important to you!
    sadmotherof4

Answer by sadmotherof4 at 1:49 PM on May. 15, 2011

• do something to relax
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:01 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I know how you feel so what you need to do is if they want to see you, then they need to come see you next time tell them this is a waste of your time and your upset and hurt that you came all this way to visit and they didnt have the decency to spend time with you or the baby. I would make them feel bad but not be rude....Sorry you went through this
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 2:15 PM on May. 15, 2011

• If they didn't know you were coming, they really can't be expected to just drop everything! If they knew you were coming, then I don't know what to tell you honey.
    AnGLInterrupted

Answer by AnGLInterrupted at 3:10 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Given some of the financial issues many families are experiencing right now, your parents may have had to pick up the extra work. It really isn't anything against you, so try not to take it to heart.

As far as your sister goes, did you know she was going to be out of town when you planned your trip? Or did something come up for her last minute? I'm sure that if she could have helped it, she would have been around when you were there, since she only gets to see you like 3 timed a year. That is a real bummer...

Have you been able to see your friends yet? Or is it just your family that isn't getting back to you when you call?
    RebeccaAxeRosa

Answer by RebeccaAxeRosa at 3:36 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Everyone knew I was coming
    08MrsAllen

Comment by 08MrsAllen (original poster) at 4:04 PM on May. 15, 2011