Foundation

How do you know which foundation is best for your skin color?

virginiamama71

Asked by virginiamama71 at 1:43 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• try them for about a month to find the one that truly works.....i like the powder foundations personaly
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 2:20 PM on May. 15, 2011

• When I used foundation I'd always hold it up to my neck and jaw line [your hand is going to be darker than your face, and the inside of your wrist is probably going to be lighter, in my experience anyway]. And there's no law saying you can't buy 2 close matching colors and mix them to make it match your skin tone better! I use mineral powder now and it's much easier to get a match.
    AnGLInterrupted

Answer by AnGLInterrupted at 3:09 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Ya do a jaw line test in the store, try it out at the store if you can & see if someone there can help you at the Beauty section.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:20 PM on May. 15, 2011

• If you are light skinned you buy the color for light skin, medium for a little bit of color and dark for dark toned skin.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 10:30 PM on May. 15, 2011

• the best way is to guess and try different things. i use 24/7 stay foundation. it stays on longer, looks fresh all day. and is great during summer when we tend to sweat our make up off. id use also powder over liquid foundation. to help shine and oily look.
    MeehlingMommi23

Answer by MeehlingMommi23 at 1:45 AM on May. 16, 2011