Can I be a happy mother of 4 when I am fighting severe depression?

sadmotherof4

Asked by sadmotherof4 at 1:46 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Health

• Yes, you can be a happy mother. Just bc you are fighting depression doesn't mean you can't be happy as a mother. Maybe its your other life issues that are making you depressed ? Good Luck,Hun.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 1:48 PM on May. 15, 2011

• yes mam you can just think how wonderful they are
    alliep2011

Answer by alliep2011 at 1:54 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I feel like a total failture, completely disconnected from my kids, annoyed all the time...and easily frustrated. I recently called a counseling support service to start counseling and am awaiting a response. I have done some research into depression meds, and I have found one that I think is good. I worked at a Drs office, who is also my employer, so I am going to check with her tomorrow if it is a good choice, as I have a lot of medical issues.

I just find myself so upset all the time, and I am always saying the wrong things to my kids and husband for the last 4 weeks, I know what it is, and I feel like all I do is find myself fighthing my MOUTH!
    sadmotherof4

Comment by sadmotherof4 (original poster) at 1:57 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Hang in there. It will get better.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:59 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Can you get in to see your primary? They can usually give you a referral for mental health which can get you in a lot quicker. You can be a happy mother, you are just having a hard time right now. I know how it is & it's one of the worst feelings, to wake up every morning feeling that way. Keep your head up, take a few moments each day to yourself to refresh your mind & look at all 4 of those beautiful children & remember that they love you, as well as your DH. I hope you feel better soon!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 2:00 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Depression has nothing to do with happiness. It's a physiological condition not a feeling problem. So yes you can be happy and suffer from depression

Answer by admckenzie at 2:18 PM on May. 15, 2011