• In the Spotlight:

For my fellow Christ believers

One of my good friends believes that you are saved by your wrks. (e.i if you go to church and get saved and your doing well but than you may backslide and idk start drinking your no longer saved)
I believe that you are saved by grace. Meaning you except the Christ as your Lord and Savior so if you were to ever backslide you can always go and pray and get HIS forgiveness.

Which do you believe
Note: this is not a post to bash or anything just interested in knowing what you believe so pls no bashing, lets respect others opinions

kyheavensmom

Asked by kyheavensmom at 2:03 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree with you.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 2:04 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I believe like you do.
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 2:08 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I believe like you do as well.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 2:10 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I believe that God looks at the type of people we all are. He knows how we try to live and if we are good or not. I think he accepts anyone that has a good heart and tries to live life with their morals and integrity intact and untarnished, I believe that is how He wants us to live.
    Mamapunkin21809

Answer by Mamapunkin21809 at 2:12 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I think anyone that believes that Jesus is the son of god...would be doing him a GREAT disservice by not living their lives as he did while alive on earth. Being the human that he was...he was one of the greatest examples of living life full of love and grace and light and forgiveness.
    i believe this is all any god would want of his creations. To treat one another kindly and with love. To be respectful and forgiving, as we all make mistakes in this life.
    I think any kind of god would want his beings to do so much more than simply say "I believe in you...please forgive me." This does nothing for soul. It is an easy way out of trying to make yourself a better person. We do not learn when we do not strive to be better.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:19 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I agree, with you. God, is more powerful then us as humans. I wonder if i could forgive someone who murdered or something, my family. Has your friend had a drymatic trauma in her life, that could cause her to feel the way she does.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 2:31 PM on May. 15, 2011

• When you come and asked God for forgiveness it def. Has to be from the heart. The great thing about him is he knows everything. He made us so he knows us inside and out. He would know if we're just asking for forgiveness because were looking for away out or we're really sincerely sorry for the sin we have commited.
    kyheavensmom

Comment by kyheavensmom (original poster) at 2:32 PM on May. 15, 2011

• There is no such thing as sin....it's called being human. And we don't need to be forgiven by anyone but ourselves.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:34 PM on May. 15, 2011

• @sassysue
    She grew up in a very strict penecostal household. Thats what she was raised on
    Btw i love your name! It's cute lol
    kyheavensmom

Comment by kyheavensmom (original poster) at 2:35 PM on May. 15, 2011

• To begin with, there's a huge difference in believing in Jesus and just saying that you believe.  If you don't mean it, you're not saved.  If you are saved, I believe that you're made into a "new creation" so the idea of a true Christian truly backslidding doesn't really make sense to me.  IMO, no one can be perfect except for Jesus so all Christians are going to mess up and sin and need to seek forgiveness for each sin, but when someone who claims to be a Christian rejects the teachings of Jesus, I would say that they need to re-evaluate their relationship with him and their actions because if you truly love Jesus, then you should strive to be like Him. 

the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 2:38 PM on May. 15, 2011