Is there anything i can eat and drink to get the baby really moving. I know i felt the baby last saturday. it definitely wasn't gas. lately i am not feeling anything or much of anything and it makes me super nervous. im 18 weeks and 4 days today. This is my first pregnancy, so I get really nervous. So any suggestions? anything you drink or eat to get your baby going?!

kb81888

Asked by kb81888 at 2:07 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Orange juice always got my LO moving.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 2:12 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Drink a glass of Orange Juice and lay on your left side. Do kick counts. I think it should be 10 movements in an hour. Also drink plenty of water.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:13 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I don't think I'd do that. A lot of babies are not real active at that stage. Just be patient and talk to your doctor if you have concerns but it's still early. In a few more months you will be writing asking how to get it to stop being so active! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 2:13 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I would not worry at all. You are still in the early stage of pregnancy .Most babies are kicking like crazy by about 26-28 weeks. I really don't think anything will "get them going". Except time.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:16 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I agree with admckenzie, babies aren't that active that early in pregnancy so don't freak out about not feeling any movements.
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 2:17 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My Dr always said OJ was the thing to drink to get them moving. It's not going to harm you or the Baby.. I wouldn't over load on it, but it did work for me. Try to take a nap, that's when mine always started moving, when I was really still.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:18 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I wouldn't stress, it's early to feel your baby consistantly, especially since it's your first. If you want to try to motivate the baby, OJ as previously suggested or eat ice, as a change in body temp can sometimes get the baby going.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 2:29 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Dont worry to much, but you could try OJ, or coke.... coke and a choc. lol
    juniebug11

Answer by juniebug11 at 2:37 PM on May. 15, 2011

• It could be that the baby moved to a different part of your uterus and that's why you don't feel it. I wouldn't stress at this point, but if you are worried, talk to your doctor
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:39 PM on May. 15, 2011

• thank you all. i feel much better! i'll try oj again tonight: )
    kb81888

Comment by kb81888 (original poster) at 2:42 PM on May. 15, 2011