What is your fave thing about the Christmas season?

There are so many great things about this time of year and was just wondering what everyone likes the best. Is it the cookies, music, caring & sharing, family time, parties, decor, presents? Please tell!

momma2JD

Asked by momma2JD at 9:42 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Holidays

• I love the lights. Not necessarily the decorations that people put up, though some of the displays are beautiful. I am talking about the natural lights, the stars in the winter sky. That is my favorite part of the "holiday season" or the winter season. I feel so connected with the night sky in the winter, when it is crisp outside and the milky way is thick. If only I lived close enough to the pole to be able to see the Northern Lights. They appeared one year, maybe a decade or so ago, and you could just see a bit here from Northern CA (north of Sac). It was breathtaking.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 12:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I love it all!! I love the family time, the kids faces when they see Santa... Lighting up my house inside and out and playing joyful music... Going to the stores to see everyone bundled up around town walking with bags in their hands, the lights down our main street that glow through the snow falling. I LOVE Christmas time. "It's the most wonderful time of the year!!"
    DandyL

Answer by DandyL at 3:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• The family time, the traditions we carry from generation to generation, the baking of cookies and cakes and pies, the holiday lights and decorations, the tree, the music. But, most of all the happy faces of my grandchildren when they open their gifts and see what Santa brought them.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I love the xmas lights people put outside. And i'm not gonna lie...presents are nice. I love watching people open stuff I have bought or made for them. It's also fun to recieve. Most of the music is kewl too.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 1:12 AM on Dec. 8, 2008