Summer Childcare

Hi moms! I have a question: for those of you who work full time, who takes care of your child? I have the hardest time finding someone reliable and at a price that doesn't break the bank. Do any of you recommend a childcare program? If so, please let me know. Thanks!

JulZa

Asked by JulZa at 2:34 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• When I worked FT I used a home daycare provider. I paid $137/wk.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:44 PM on May. 15, 2011

• If you are ok with it place an ad on Craigslist. I did that and got very lucky, the kids love her too. Just list the hours needed and the pay you are willing to give. There are alot of SAHM's willing to watch kids for cheap prices just so they are able to stay home with their own. Good luck!!!!
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 5:54 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My daycare center takes kids ages 6 weeks to 6th grade. After kindergarten they do a summer program that involves bowling, water parks, hands on musuems, tons of stuff. Perhaps check some local daycare centers near you to see if any of them have summer programs.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 6:13 PM on May. 15, 2011

• When I was working I posted notices at the local college/universities and got some good, reliable students for sitters that were willing to take less money than the daycamps during the summer.

Answer by missanc at 7:18 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My parents take my older two (12 and 9) for the summer and the baby stays in daycare. I'm VERY lucky and I know it!
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 9:39 AM on May. 17, 2011