Is it really proven for children to get autism from vaccinations??????

my husband is being very rude to me after his 18 month shots.... which he didnt get care about the first 12 months of age and all sudden hes making a big deal out of it... sooo from mom to mom what is it ??? why do children get autism ??? is it because of vaccinations ? or not? ...my doctor said that some guy in england oor somwhere like that did testing on children with and without vaccinatons ... and he did one with autism with and without vaccinations and it was proven that vaccinations do not cause autism ? i have no idea ... what do you girls know or think help me educate myself... my husband thought for months that our 18 month old son has autism ?? ive gotten him checked by two people and they both said that there wasnt any signs of autism... the one sign he has is not talking..

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 2:42 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Health

• Anon message is a dangerous one. Balanced research is very important. We do not know what causes Autism. I wish we did. Vaccines had protected us for generations and many diseases have been eradicated. Do some react badly or worse to vaccines? Sure, but that is the case for all medications, foods, allergens.

ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 2:55 PM on May. 15, 2011

• The cause of Autism is unknown. A study was done where the "Dr. proved" vaccines were the cauyse. That study has since been proven to be garbage science. If vaccines are so terribly bad..why is it NONE of the issues in todays children showed up in generations since the 50's? I have a chiold on the spectrum. I also believe autism is extremely over diagnosed. A child has some issues and lazy Dr's throw them under the 'catch all bus" of Autism. Same as they did with ADHD in the 90's. So many factors play a part. Genetics, enviroment, pesticides, preservatives IN MY OPINION are all more reasonable factors to look at than vaccines.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:56 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Autism is a developmental disorder that appears in the first 3 years of life, and affects the brain's normal development of social and communication skills.

Causes, incidence, and risk factors

Autism is a physical condition linked to abnormal biology and chemistry in the brain. The exact causes of these abnormalities remain unknown, but this is a very active area of research. There are probably a combination of factors that lead to autism.

Genetic factors seem to be important. For example, identical twins are much more likely than fraternal twins or siblings to both have autism. Similarly, language abnormalities are more common in relatives of autistic children. Chromosomal abnormalities and other nervous system (neurological) problems are also more common in families with autism.

A number of other possible causes have been suspected, but not proven. They involve:

Diet

Digestive tract changes
    momy_lynn_16

Answer by momy_lynn_16 at 3:09 PM on May. 15, 2011

• No one knows how children get Autism. There are TONS of theories form genetics, to a collection of traits that appear as a disability down to vaccines. Nothing as of yet has been proven as definitive.

Not talking alone means nothing. A speech delay, if there was one, alone does not define Autism.

As far as vaccines being a big deal now for DH. I think you need to sit down together do some research and decide how you want to go form there. Delayed vaccines may prove to be a good compromise.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:46 PM on May. 15, 2011

• whats natural immunity mean??
    Luckyme3487

Comment by Luckyme3487 (original poster) at 2:48 PM on May. 15, 2011

• no, vaccines do not cause autism.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:50 PM on May. 15, 2011

• cut and paste this website to your search bar and search this will tell you what you need to know!
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002494/
    momy_lynn_16

Answer by momy_lynn_16 at 2:52 PM on May. 15, 2011

• ooh! weird because my son had reactions to the shot varicella... sooo my hudband doesnt want our son to be vaccinations anymore
    Luckyme3487

Comment by Luckyme3487 (original poster) at 2:53 PM on May. 15, 2011

• No,vaccines does not cause autisum. I also believe there very useful.
    cece5000

Answer by cece5000 at 2:57 PM on May. 15, 2011

• No proof whatsoever.
    Anonymous