To anyone that i may have offended in an earlier question

I had posted a question and used the word 'retarded' in the question. I wasn't meaning anything by it, just using it as a slang word. I do want to aplogize to anyone if you had taken offense to that. I truly did not mean any harm. Thank you cafemom for making me aware :) I closed the question immediatly after realizing my mistake.

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 2:54 PM on May. 15, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Thank you for being who you are.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:56 PM on May. 15, 2011

• The ""R" word is new to the list of things that upset people. I am adjusting my speech as well. When you think about it, it is like saying someone is gay if they are acting stupid. I am adjusting my teenagers speeach on that one. :o) I know you didn't mean any harm and good for you for dealing with it with an open mind.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 3:00 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I didn't see your question. Thank you for deleting it and apologizing. It IS an offensive word when it is used as slang. Missuse of words like retarded, gay and nazi is highly offensive to a lot of people who deal with issues surrounding the real meaning of those words. Thank you.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:02 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I never saw the original post.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 3:04 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Wow. I can't believe CafeMom posted about it. I mean, I'm sure they'd hate to retard the growth of political correctness.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:04 PM on May. 15, 2011

• You're fine. People get way too offended over things like that.
    Anonymous

• I also didnt see it but thank you. many people dont see the error in their ways, or simply just do not care who they offend.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 3:11 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I didnt see your original post but I grew up in a time when using the words "retarded" and "gay" were very common in slang so I'm also learning to adjust my own language. I think it's awesome that you seen that you may have offended some people and apologized about it. Not everyone can be that grown up.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:19 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I applaud you for posting an apology.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:28 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Very big of you to apologize.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 5:30 PM on May. 19, 2011