How would you feel about this...

I don't really feel one way or the other. I'm just trying to understand it it's normal or not.
Okay, here's what happened.

We were over at SIL last night for dinner and sil#1 starts telling my husband--Her brother how when sil#2 was pregnant, and she tried inducing labor she jump roped, and her boobs jiggled a lot...That was the 'point' of the story, and that was litterly the whole story. I don't speak to any of my siblings and I don't think I would tell my bro that my sis' boobs were jiggly... What do you think is it normal or odd to tell your brother this (sil#2 is dh's sister too).

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 3:15 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• weird.. we have joked about stuff like that around each other when it happens but never have we told a story like that
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 3:17 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Ew. maybe she nervous or trying to be funny. my sister says weird stuff like that when she trying to make conversation we all just say oh and change the subject lol
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 3:26 PM on May. 15, 2011

• idk I dont have siblings but I have 3 adult kids and 2 small ones and they can be crude to each other.

Answer by gemgem at 3:27 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Well, to some degree, I guess it depends on how close the family members are. Sometimes my family will joke about how big another family member's butt is, or how small one of us is up top. We don't do this behind one another's back, rather the person being joked about is present, and we definitely do it in jest-- not to make the other person feel bad.

From the point-of-view of someone not directly part of the family, but rather married in to the family, I could see how a conversation like that might seem kind of weird or even crude.
    RebeccaAxeRosa

Answer by RebeccaAxeRosa at 3:28 PM on May. 15, 2011

• SMIT, she wasn't nervous...she's just like that. She's told DH more than that, but before he and I were married...so I can't let their past 'closeness' or whatever you call it bother me..
    amberpatterson

Comment by amberpatterson (original poster) at 3:28 PM on May. 15, 2011

• oddddd
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 3:38 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Right, don't let bother you like another answerer said some families are close like that. Some of my family member even flash another lol it just nasty to me but they were brought up being like that. Now if your SO started engaging himself in it more I would be weirded out definitely.
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 3:39 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Maybe she was seeking attention????
    dlee620

Answer by dlee620 at 6:19 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I could write a book on this subject. I find things like that to be extremely odd but my DH has heard worse from his sister. And from their mother about his sister. Everything from birth control problems like spotting to repeated pregnancy tests because her birth control keeps "failing" to the time I heard SIL tell my DH that she has a horrible gag reflex and he could ask her boyfriend if he didn't believe her. On that one I had to leave the room with our kids because if I hadn't I would have told her how absolutely disgusting she is and that she needs to grasp her brother doesn't need to hear about her sex life. And that was what was intended as even her boyfriend told her what that sounded like and she said she had meant it like that. Honestly, these kinds of "jokes" being shared speak of a serious problem.
    Anonymous