I NEED A JOB ASAP

I got let go not that long ago i only get 188 a week for unemployment. As much as that pays my rent it doesnt pay for anything else. Im going crazy im in a pissy mood every day bc this is always on my mind the more i think about it the more i want to just cry. I dont know what to do...any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• try indeed.com and search by zipcode. Then click on date so the ads are listed by most recent
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 3:36 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Try temp agencies, the unemployment office also has listing, McDonalds, Taco Bell, The mall has tons of place, Toys r us, Best Buy etc etc.

Answer by gemgem at 3:40 PM on May. 15, 2011

• ALl you can do is keep applying everywhere you can. Temp jobs are good because many do lead to a full time offer. Good Luck.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:45 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I agree... indeed is a great site. sometimes you can find legit stuff on craigslist too
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 3:46 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Not sure if you want to take the online job route, but I suggest to come by Legit Online Jobs and Home Business group here on cafemom http://www.cafemom.com/group/30431. There are moms, including myself, that do online work. I also post job leads that I find too and posted a lot today. There are great opportunities out there. The moms on the group do work for Lionbridge, Leapforce, Livework, Weegy, ChaCha, KGB, freelance writing, etc. We also support each other and help out each other looking for ways to earn money. It's a great group and I invite you to come by and check it out and anyone else as well =)
    sugapie0305

Answer by sugapie0305 at 3:48 PM on May. 15, 2011

• How about doing Direct Sales. You make your own hours and the money can be amazing!! I am a Team Mentor with Tastefully Simple and am very successful at it. We sell food....and everyone eats.

I would LOVE to give you info...please feel free to message me :-) I promise, it may be something you can make work.
    joinTStoday

Answer by joinTStoday at 5:16 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Here are my top five job hunting tips:

Number 1 is networking; Cafemom is a start, but you need to actively seek out people and groups that can help you meet people who can connect you to someone hiring. Less the half of the available positions are posted on the job boards; you need to get out and find the others. A profile on Linkedin is a must!
    Number 2 is having a great "elevator speech". This is a 15 second introduction on who you are and what you are looking for.
    Number 3 is a great resume that tells the reader who you are, what you can do, what you have accomplished, and how you can help.
    Number 4 is great coverletters tailored to the position/company.
    Number 5 is using one of the meta search sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired, to comb the job boards for you.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:28 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Have you ever thought about working from home? I work from home online and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3½ year old son, and 2 year old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! We have free training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping Families Achieve Their Goals Since 1999!
    Visit my website to get all the details.
    www.OurCEOMom.com

Get to know our team on Facebook: www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com
    We are the largest group of Women working from Home online!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 8:43 PM on May. 15, 2011