Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any marriage counselors on here?

I need help. I'm at a very confusing moment and I need professional help. I can't get my husband to go to therapy. I can't afford real help, I just need to know how to make a decision. Please, pm me if you can help.

(I'm not trying to solicit free advice, just for the hell of it, I'm just at my wits end...)

Or if someone is willing to hear a sad woman bitch and moan :-)

Answer Question

Asked by hotmama404 at 3:32 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Relationships

Level 10 (447 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • aw I feel you. I am in a similiar boat but am starting therapy for me soon. sorry(((((HUGS)))))))

    Answer by hill2 at 3:34 PM on May. 15, 2011

  • First call for help - 211. Tell them you want a therapist who counsels on a sliding fee. When I go see mine I pay 5.00 or less. Help is out there you just need to know where to look....GL

    Answer by PatriciaofMN at 3:55 PM on May. 15, 2011

  • HI, I'm working on my MSW in clinical social work, I have some experience, if you need help you can pm me. Also, are there any colleges in your area? We have a really cheap option ($8) counceling sessions for families at our school, you would be seeing a grad student but it's supervised by professors. Or just see if you can find one that charges on a sliding scale or that your insurance will help with gl.

    Answer by gypsymama532 at 5:00 PM on May. 15, 2011

  • Calling 211 is an excellent idea, they can find someone who can help you on a sliding scale. And so is the other answer, seeing a student. They are supervised by professionals, so you are getting what is really free professional help! Good luck!

    If you don't have 211 in your area, pm me and I will do a google search for you in your area and see what I can find for you. I have an MSW already and 20 years of experience, but not in couples' counseling, so I couldn't really help you out myelf.

    Answer by dwmom2008 at 5:10 PM on May. 15, 2011

  • Another option is to seek counseling advice from churches. One of my friends are in the process of seeking counseling. It costs little to no expense and the pastor is there to help.

    Answer by FoxyLove at 12:33 AM on May. 16, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.