What did you do with your outgrown infant clothes?

Sell, give away to family, give away to friends, donate, keep for next child....

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 3:45 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I sold a big lot on craigslist and gave away a few to friends.

Answer by missanc at 4:08 PM on May. 15, 2011

• For now, I am keeping them for future kids! If I never have another boy, or another child I will prob sell some. THe ones that I don't sell I will donate to a local womens/baby center.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 3:52 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I have 2 options: keep for other babies or give out to other families.
    Inyuby

Answer by Inyuby at 3:59 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I'm going to try to find a less fortunate family to give them to. There's a lot of poor people around here and I'd love to maybe brighten someone's day by giving them a buttload of great baby clothes. =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:03 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I give some away and yard sale it. Any extra income is a big help right now.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 4:05 PM on May. 15, 2011

• When I had my oldest, I sorted thru his clothes as he outgrew them and saved the ones I liked (or the ones that were not stained) and kept them to pass on to additional children. After I had my second, I gave most of my baby clothes away to someone my sister worked with as I figured hubs and I had 2 kids and were done. I did keep 4 of the outfits that were my favorites. Then years later we had our 3rd, and his outgrown clothes I let my mom's neighbor pick thru them and get 1st dibbs on them, and what he does not want I sell at a yard sale and what does not sell I donate to goodwill.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:15 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Save for next baby...and I'm glad I did 'cause I'm having another girl.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:22 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I was terribly sentimental and kept them all. Which will be great if the one I'm pregnant with now is a girl. If it's a boy, I'm going to go through, take out all of the gender neutral clothing, and pick a few of my favorites girly items that my daughter wore, then probably donate the rest. We need the room!
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 4:27 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I'm waiting to see what my SIL is having. I wish she knew now because i'd love to get rid of the boxes and boxes I have saved because I'm having a boy this time. If she is having a girl, im going to ship all of the stuff in good condition to her. If not, i think im going to sell it because i can use that money to buy boy stuff. i feel sort of guilty because i know a women who is having a girl who is in need. im going to give her the stuff i don't think my SIL will want or stuff that is stained and i can't sell. I just wonder if its selfish of me to sell the stuff instead of give it away to someone who can use it.
    Mel_in_PHX

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 4:40 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I saved all the clothes from my 1st (son) for my second, but she was a girl, so now I just have garage sales to get rid of them all and to help fund the next round of clothes
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:49 PM on May. 15, 2011