How do I help my daughter to stop wetting the bed?

She is three but she no longer wants to wear a diaper to bed. Every night I have to wake up at different hours of the night to clean her up, change her p.j.'s, and change her sheets. Is she still to young to be sleeping with out a diaper or is there a way I can help her get through the night without wetting the bed?

styhmMommy

Asked by styhmMommy at 3:50 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It varies all over the place when a child can be dry at night. Don't make not wearing the diaper an option for her. As long as she wets she is too young to switch. Simply explain it takes some kids longer to be able to be dry at night. My kids were 6-7 before they were dry at night.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 3:56 PM on May. 15, 2011

• It sucks.... my dd is 11 and still wets! she has been to 3 docs, had tests and ultrasounds done and even been on medication and nothing has worked! I finally talked her into using the big kid pulls up about 2 years ago and its the best thing in the world. if i were you, I'd find a way to get her to wear them. I convinced my dd by explaining that she can go to sleepovers and her room wouldn't smell anymore. she was embarrassed to have friends over.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 3:57 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Stop all liquids 2 hours before bedtime. Make sure so goes right before so gets into bed.

You could also try a cloth "pull up" I would reccomend these
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/MumtazSoakers?section_id=6663423&order=price_asc&page=1
    They are super soft, look like undies, but will hold about one oopps. I bought a pair for my son and will be ordering more soon.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 3:57 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Thanks every one, your suggestions and advice are really going to help!
    styhmMommy

Comment by styhmMommy (original poster) at 4:02 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I found the book, Getting to Dry, by Maizels to be most helpful. I borrowed it from the library and ended up buying my own copy from Abebooks.com. There are lots of different causes for bed wetting.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 4:04 PM on May. 15, 2011