Explicite Music...............(no drama, please......)

Not sure why I am doing this as anonymous....but, I am. How do you mommies out there feel about running errands and hearing explicite RAP music that is full of cussing and rape, and murder, etc.....BLASTING from a car in a parking lot of your grocery store? Do you say anything? What if you are with your kids.......this is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Entertainment

• I lice in LA I keep my opinions to myslef down here it ain't nothing for someone to pop a cap in my ass cause I said something to them
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 1:00 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I would say nothing, if you have kids with you and you say something then they will notice and then it becomes a big deal to them! If you feel concerned, talk to your kids about it, and explain that words like that are unacceptable for them to say. You cant control what people do but you can control the morals and values that your children learn.
    amber91580

Answer by amber91580 at 3:28 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Personally I wouldn't say anything, but only because some people these days are absolutely crazy and it would be nothing for them to curse you out in front of your children or to go as far as physically harming you. The only time I've faced this situation, we were still in the car so I rolled the windows up and parked as far away from the car as I could, even though it meant a farther walk.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:53 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• If someone listens to that for entertainment i'm not sure it would be safe to confront them in a parking lot. One time i heard loud, explicit music coming from a company truck and i did report it to the company. On the flip side i work at a high school that has a day care and is right next to a church. I yell at those kids all the time to turn that crab down and quit shaking the windows, but I have power in that situation. I woudn't confront a stranger.
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 9:30 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• im not sure if its because im a young mom, but music never seems to bother me, no matter what the rappers/rockers are saying. people curse on the radio, TV, in public places, everywhere now and days. and with murder and rape, the news talks about that. i listen to heavy metal music, and have since i was about 10 and i turned out well mannered and respectful. i think alot of that had to do with my mom saying that it may be okay for them to do it, but its not okay for me to do it. i believed her and i know my son will believe me when i tell him.
    ArmyWife1769

Answer by ArmyWife1769 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I hear that stuff at my son's school, which is just ridiculous. Especially when I hear the way such young kids talk around my neighborhood. I didn't have my potty mouth until I was a teenager lol It pisses me off so I usually give them the evil stare lol Not worth saying anything when they can't hear past the music lol But I also listen to death metal with my sons in the car (which they love) and atleast respect people when pulling into places.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 4:37 AM on Mar. 26, 2010