What are good meat loaf reciepes?

alliep2011

Asked by alliep2011 at 4:01 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Food & Drink

• When I make meatloaf from scratch I usually use the Paula Deen's BBQ meatloaf recipe--- it is yummy!! 

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/barbeque-meat-loaf-recipe/index.html

I hope the link works!!

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:09 PM on May. 15, 2011

• All I do is put 2 lbs of meat into a bowl, add two eggs, one pack of crackers and mix in ketchup. Bake at 350 for about 30 mins then pull out put ketchup on top and bake for another 15! Everyone in my family loves it but my kids eat a ton lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 4:11 PM on May. 15, 2011

• CAN YOU USE BREAD ?
    alliep2011

Comment by alliep2011 (original poster) at 4:13 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Yes, I have used bread, crackers and even oatmeal lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 4:18 PM on May. 15, 2011

• forgot to add...the crackers, bread ect are just fillers!
    Mikayla_lynn

• I use this one its called a summer meatloaf 

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/summer-meat-loaf-10000000258533/

Answer by gemgem at 4:23 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Paula Dean has a great recipe on foodnetwork.com
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:24 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I don't really have a recipe, really. I just toss a bunch of stuff in the bowl and mix until it "smells right" if that makes sense. I use about 2 lbs. of meat, onions, salt and pepper, garlic powder, an egg, ketchup, tomato sauce, and Italian bread crumbs. Occasionally, if I feel like it and I have it, I'll toss some shredded cheese in there. But I mix it until it's moist, but not so moist that it's falling apart, and has the a bit of a tomato smell to it. Then I form it into loaves, top it with ketchup, and bake it at 350 for about 45 minutes. My family LOVES it. It makes great sandwiches the next day, if there's any left.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 4:35 PM on May. 15, 2011

• The basics for me are 2lb meat (prefer ground turkey b/c it's healthier and not as greasy), 1 egg, about 2 cups of some type of bread (loaf bread, crushed crackers, bread crumbs, crushed tortilla chips......my fav is Ritz's veggie flavored crackers), salt, pepper, italian seasoning. That done, you can personalize to your liking. In one version I added chopped baby spinach and shredded carrots, in another version I add black beans, corn, cheese and a packet of taco seasoning, in a 3rd version I add spinach, chopped/cooked turkey bacon and cheese. I always bake covered for about 45 min, then uncover, add a light coating of ketchup or gravy and broil to brown for about 15 min.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 4:44 PM on May. 15, 2011

• 1lb of ground beef, 1 egg, 10 crackers, and ketchup, and of course onions
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 11:24 PM on May. 15, 2011