My 2 month old is spitting up what could be wrong

alliep2011

Asked by alliep2011 at 4:09 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nothing. babies spit up. sometimes alot..sometimes alittle. its normal

now if shes been projectile vomiting since she was born talk to your dr.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 4:13 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Babies just spit up, nothing wrong.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 4:17 PM on May. 15, 2011

• MAke sure you are burping her fully. Place her on your knee,, with you hand under her chin and armpits. Bounce her slightly, straighten her back and pat gently. Do it when she is half done eating and when she is finished.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:21 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My son seemed to spitup a lot at that age but the drs always said As long as its not projectile, he dsnt have a fever, and keeps hydrated he's fine. Babies spitup a lot. They're reflux isn't Aw strongly developes so it happens with all babies. My son wore a bib at all times except for in bed til he was 7 months and was more mobile. Make sure ur burpping him thoroughly cause sometimes it just happens cause the gas has to get out
    kpincince

Answer by kpincince at 4:22 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Bumping halfway through the bottles helped significantly on how much my son spitup
    kpincince

Answer by kpincince at 4:23 PM on May. 15, 2011

• All of the time? Once in awhile? How much? Is she growing and gaining weight? Is she happy and content? Does she have any signs of illness: change in behavior, fever, watery stools similar to diarrhea? Did she recently have 2 month immunizations?
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:23 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Both my babies spit up a ton for the first few months. It will taper off as your supply regulates and/or as their tummies mature.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 5:03 PM on May. 15, 2011

• If it doesn't seem to bother baby, and baby is not losing weight, your LO is probably what they call a "happy spitter" It's said that when a baby is a happy spitter, it's a laundry problem instead of a medical one.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:33 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I have had TWO babies with a spit up problem. First one had "pyloric stenosis" where I'd breastfeed her 24/7 and she kept spitting up. I got super ticked at more than one doctor, because they told me that girls RARELY get this overgrown muscle at the bottom of the belly. They also said there was no way that it had developed before week 6. (BS!) She was spitting up in the hospital (NEVER WAS PROJECTILE VOMITING)I never slept, it was horrible! MY SO & I had to take the baby to a BETTER hospital over an hour away and REFUSE to leave until we got answers! An ultrasound on her little belly confirmed pyloric stenosis and she was wheeled away for surgery the next morning, (so scary!!!). In a few weeks she was as good as new and is my chunkiest kid! ***Now, that was my 3rd baby, with my 4th (to make this short) we brought her home and the day after I was laying baby down under my breast to feed her and she turned BLUE!! con't below
    SonyaNaomi

Answer by SonyaNaomi at 8:33 PM on May. 15, 2011

• The nurses neglected to suck her out well right after labor, she has a huge plug of mucous in her nose, she had spit up because of being tilted back and was choking on it. She turned out to have severe Acid Reflux, or GERD. This IMO was worse because there was no fixing it, she FINALLY grew out of it at about a year when she was eating LOTS of solids. TRUST your instincts, could be NOTHING, but with my experiences Dr. (and nurse) doesn't always know best. I tell my story whenever I can, because you NEVER know when it might help a mama (or daddy) save a baby's life!
    SonyaNaomi

Answer by SonyaNaomi at 8:37 PM on May. 15, 2011