3rd baby- wondering about weight gain during pregnancy.

So with my first son I was 138lb when I got pregnant and hit the 175 mark when I delivered a 8.7lb boy. Within a month and a half I was back to 135, without exercise. Second baby boy I started at 150 and weighed 180 when I delievered a 8.11lb boy. Did not loose weight until he was a year old when I did the p90x program and got on a diet. I was 160 when I started the diet and landed at 138 before findin out number 3 is on its way. I am 145 now and maybe 3 months along. I wanna know what weight gain is baby. Because I am not super tiny (im 5'4") but I have always had curves...so since I have stored fat, should my body really gain a lot of weight that isnt baby?? I am going to continue a light workout and try to eat healthy but NOT starving healthy through out this pregnancy...Have any of you lost weight while pregnant? Or did you gain about the same I did? I just want to be healthy this time around and try to make recovery easy on myself. What is a good pregnant workout??

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 4:50 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• With my son I was 240lbs before I got pregnant and when I had him he was 8.2lbs and was down to 198lbs before I got pregnant again. my son was about 5months when I got pregnant the secound time and now I've only gone up to 210lbs and I'm 25weeks
    BrittanyBabe

Answer by BrittanyBabe at 4:57 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I didn't lose weight while pregnant, but my weight gain was always at a minimum. I ate when I was hungry, but made healthy choices and didn't "eat for two". I was between 105-125 lbs with all 5 of my pregnancies (I'm 5'2") and gained between 12-22 lbs with them. I continued to workout and keep myself in shape, so losing the weight was never a problem. I did a lot of walking and swimming when I was pregnant. plus some toning exercises with resistance bands.

Answer by missanc at 7:04 PM on May. 15, 2011