Daiper rash????

My son has a rash on his bum, Has had it for a little over a week and the cream is not working.
What else can i do for my him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try letting his butt air a little between diaper changes. Also what cream are you using perhaps you need to try a different one.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 10:14 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• cornstarch
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:21 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• a&d works good.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 10:22 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Try to avoid using baby wipes because they can irritate it. Just use damp paper towels. If you have a wipe warmer you can put some predampened ones in there. Let his bottom air out for a while and use a zinc powder like Caldecene (it comes in a pink container and looks like baby powder). Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:52 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• My son had a horrible one too....here is what I was told to do.It works after 2 weeks of trying to get rid of itfollowing this it was gone in 2 days.

Do not wipe off all the diaper rash medicinewhen you changer diapers unless he goes poop.If its just pee then just add more.You do not have to wipe every diaper change when its pee.Let hiss butt dry for a min or two when changing and keep his butt as dry as possiable.

Good Luck hun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• My daughter would get them so bad when she was that age, what we used that worked great was Aquaphor!!!!! It might be expensive, but it has other uses and works great or did I say that already!!! Good luck
    Tayandstevenmom

Answer by Tayandstevenmom at 11:27 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I Allways Let them Sit in a Bath of Baby Oil then Air Dry for about a half hour
    Miszsamantha

Answer by Miszsamantha at 12:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Check your diapers also, if cream is not working, try making sure baby's not getting too much acidic juices ie orange juice, apple juice etc. try cloth diapers to see if there is an alergy to the diaper, also check w/doctor to a make sure it isn't some sort of other problem. does the rash get worse w/urine or poo??? if it is urine that makes it bad could be too much acid in baby system, if it is poo could be an alergy to formula/food. don't know age of baby so you need to look into all and air drying is not a bad thing no matter what.
    blackcat66

Answer by blackcat66 at 12:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Could it be a yeast infection? If so, try mixing a little monistat cream in with the diaper rash ointment.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 1:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• My dd ended up being allergic to pampers, any kind of pampers, so she ended up with a rash, and even after I switched diapers her poor little hiney was still inflamed. So, I used A&D ointment, but first used to a blow dryer to completely dry her hiney before applying the ointment. It clears it up in no time. Make sure to use a blow dryer with a "cool" button as to not burn little buns. She loved it, she would smile and giggle every time the air would hit her bottom. Good Luck!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2008