Could you live without humor in your house?

I definitely could not. My SO and I have such an "easy" relationship and I think it is because we can laugh through the hard parts. I have seen some extremely serious people in relationships together...or maybe one is very serious and the other is playful...and I just can't imagine ever being happy if I felt like I was walking on egg shells and watching every word that came out of my mouth all day. My mother was definitely one of those "everything is a very serious matter, cater to me" kind of people and she was MISERABLE to live with...I lived with her til I was 12 or 13 and then moved in with my dad...it was like night and day. A huge weight was lifted off me then. Maybe I have a warped perception because of this, but I figure everybody must feel this way...I mean, is there anybody out there that DOESN'T value having humor in their house? I'm serious.

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 10:13 AM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Right now things are really strained in our relationship and it is terrible...I don't think I have laughed in at least 6 months...its always tears everyday...i miss the laughter
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Not at all. I'm not super serious, but i'm the more serious one in the relationship and jeff is so playful, it evens us out perfectly. When I'm getting too uptight, he knows how to just make me laugh and enjoy myself, and when he's getting too out of hand I can put him in his place, lol. Plus we always have a great time when we're just hanging out cause he's so entertaining. You gotta have humor!
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I agree with oliviasmomma09 you've gotta have humor! This would be a really bland world if you didnt have humor. My boyfriend thinks hes the next Jim Carrey...lol. We always joke & tease in our house,actually we're really not too serious...only when we have to be.
    amanda2780

Answer by amanda2780 at 10:26 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• amanda2780! My fiance things the same! he gets all his lame jokes from Jim Carrey, lol.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 10:28 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I'm the playful type and he is the serious one. Sometimes I can get him to lighten up.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:36 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I am so sorry to hear that Anon. I have lived like that, and it really does ruin your spirit. Laughter is so important.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:39 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I would DIE if we didn't laugh at least every day. Sometimes I'll think things are a little too serious...and then my boyfriend will do something really random and so unlike him that I can't help but laugh. He's a little more serious than I am because he's really stressed from work, but I always make an effort to keep things light and airy as much as possible.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:00 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• My husband has the ability to make me laugh until I cry in almost any situation. And he does it daily. We have two kids, work different shifts, never see each other and money is tight. I still laugh everyday, even if it is just in the hour we do the handoff when he gets off work and I go in.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:04 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I think it is good for our kids to see their parents happy too. I love that my 3 year old has a sense of humor...I think seeing that in her shows that our house isn't too tense to live in. I think if you're laughing together, you probably fight less and enjoy each other more too...and I think that is the kind of example we all want to set for our kids.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:10 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• i Never saw my parents laughing and joking together. I hardly ever saw my dad hug my mom. I am glad I am married to someone who is agoof ball.I think its very important, heck half of our dialog during the day IS Jim Carrey movie quotes! haha. My family was pretty fun but someone would come along and ruin it usually..(mydad) So im glad my hubby can laugh at me too.
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 11:25 AM on Dec. 6, 2008