How can i get info about autism

I have a 9 year old who we the family new somthing was wrong with but never could place our finger on it. We thought she might have adha because she could never focas on nothing my friend asked me the other day who i dont see much an asked if i thought kaylee my child has autism got on line to look it up an she has so many signs but couldnt print any thing off to show my husband. I just need more info on autism.

stephanieproaps

Asked by stephanieproaps at 4:58 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Ask your pediatrician for a referral to a developmental therapist or neurologist
    your school district can get your child evaluated as well

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:00 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Ask the pediatrician, google it, go to the library.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:02 PM on May. 15, 2011

• The ladies all have good suggestions. You can also contact you local Easter Seal center.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:03 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Talk to your pediatrician and get a referral to a specialist. She can be evaluated if she is old enough.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 7:14 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Agree with the above answe. And also there are many helpful groups on cafemom. search for them. Gl.
    chiquis

Answer by chiquis at 10:47 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Ask your pediatrican for information on Autism, google search it, and look for websites on Autism. Those places will be able to tell you a list of 'red flags' for Autism. Just remember that Autism is a big, broad spectrum and everyone is individutal, it is not a cookie cutter disorder where everyone is the same. By this I mean what my child (who has autism) does, you child may or may not do some of the same things. So not all of the 'red flags' may apply to your child. There are also many great groups on here for Autism, check out some of them as well.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:27 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Google
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:26 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Talk to your dr. And chrck out the Autism groups on here!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 7:03 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Talk to your child's DR.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 2:01 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I have a child with autism I would make an appointment with your pediatrician and talk about a referral to a neurologist. Feel free to add me if you have any questions or need someone to talk to =)
    lilmommy10805

Answer by lilmommy10805 at 2:53 AM on May. 18, 2011