Is it two early to potty train my 21 month old daughter.

My daughter is going to be two in August, but she is already asking to be potty trained. She is always taking off her diaper and asking to be sat down on the toliet. It is annoying lol how many times a day she does this and I sit her down on the toliet and she does not go. Anyways I have heard that potty training to early can have certain affects on a child.

styhmMommy

Asked by styhmMommy at 4:59 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If she's asking she is ready! Just let her try it and eventually she'll go.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 5:01 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Nope, you potty train as soon as they are ready! Sounds like she's ready to go! It's forced potty training that isn't good when they're not ready.
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 5:01 PM on May. 15, 2011

• who told you it has certain affects ? anyways if she wants to be potty trained do i wished mine would want to he will be 3 in 4 months lol
    alliep2011

Answer by alliep2011 at 5:02 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I think it was my fiances mother who told me its not ok to potty train such a young child. She said that if a child is potty train to early they will have delayed speach. But my oldest was potty trained by 2 1/2. I guess I just dont want my youngest to be potty trained cuz she is mommy's little baby.
    styhmMommy

Comment by styhmMommy (original poster) at 5:05 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Get her her own potty and some panties. She is ready.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 5:06 PM on May. 15, 2011

• YES!! Go for it, she wants to do it, and as annoying it is to hear her say it all day...think of how much easier and cheaper it will be for you! :) Maybe a pull up at night is all she'll need in no time. Get her a stool and some flushable wipes and she should not need much help so she can go do her thing whenever she wants. good luck to you and her..what a big gir!l :)
    pumpkin8844

Answer by pumpkin8844 at 5:07 PM on May. 15, 2011

• lol. How can being potty trained delay speech? As another said forcing potty training isn't a good idea. They normally will regress and take longer to potty train later on. But since she's asking, she's ready and no your DD's speech will not be delayed because of potty training.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 5:08 PM on May. 15, 2011

• My dd was completely potty trained before her 2nd birthday, we started around 18 months. I say go ahead!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 5:27 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Let her be your guide, get her a little potty that she can put herself on. And then when you feel she is ready then start in ernest to potty train her.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:40 PM on May. 15, 2011