Feeling inferior around my inlaws

im done hating them and tortuing myself with negative thoughts. most of time my frontal brain is in action and i dont let them get to me.. but sometimes my amygdala just get super defensive and i start telling myself i hate them.. when i just prayed for them 2 hours prior.. i dont want to hate anyone. my mil and sil act like perfect house wives. make me feel like a second class citzen added to the family.. how do i stop hating them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Ignore them and have the confidence not to let it bother you.

Answer by older at 5:19 PM on May. 15, 2011

• You need to realize that they can only make you feel bad if you let them. You need to learn to ignore them, and when they start to make you feel bad, start to remind yourself of all your good qualities, and the things that your husband loves about you. A positive attitude can really do wonders and change your outlook. Remember the inlaws are people they are not as perfect as they appear, they each have their own flaws - just like we all do.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:27 PM on May. 15, 2011

• do you feel this way because of something they've said to you, or do you just feel this way in general?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:30 PM on May. 15, 2011

• They have their ways, and you have your ways. As long as your husband doesn't care, why should you? Trust me, I have been in your shoes. My mother in law cooks, sews, gardens, work, and takes an active role in every aspect of my nieces' activites. There's no way I can do all of that and not be tired. I can't cook, sew, garden, go to college, take an active role in every aspect of my kids' activities. Right now, it's even a struggle to keep the house in order and by the time the afternoon arrives, I'm so tired that I take a 2 hour nap. You can only do things your way. Just shug it off and say to yourself, my husband doesn't care that I can't be at my in-laws level, so why should I?
    FoxyLove

Answer by FoxyLove at 12:19 AM on May. 16, 2011

• Just remind yourself that unlike your Stepford In-laws, you have a life. You actually enjoy being happy and doing stuff instead of using a Q-tip to detail the nick-knacks around the house. My guess is, they need to get drunk or laid...or both. When they criticize you or make snippy comments, just tell yourself "you've got cobwebs up your dress and I just rocked your son's/brother's world". Also, I'd advise you to spike their iced tea with some vodka or melatonin...either way...
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 10:34 PM on May. 16, 2011