Is it ok to place a training potty right in front of the T.V.?

So everyone has agreed and said it is not to early for my almost two yr old to be potty trained. Just a little history about me. For my 1st daughter I started potty training her at about 21/2 years old. But she had a hard time with telling me before she had to go potty and she was always telling me a little late. So i decided to pull her potty out of the bathroom and into the family room right in front of the t.v. And would play over and over educational cartoons. Well at first she was just sitting on the potty to watch t.v. and before I knew it she was actually using the bathroom. Guest didn't really like it, but hey my house is here to make my family comfortable and no one else.

styhmMommy

Asked by styhmMommy at 5:17 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You answered your own question, lol. So you don't need to hear ours :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 5:19 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Not the best place for you, your company, or the child.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:20 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I would like to pee in front of the tv....
    Anonymous

• I do not think it is a good idea, for anyone involved.

Answer by older at 5:21 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Why wouldn't it be a good idea. It worked the first time.
    styhmMommy

Comment by styhmMommy (original poster) at 5:27 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Part of learning to go potty is to get to the bathroom before that critical point. So no I wouldn't do it unless potty training wasn't working even after waiting till they were older.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 5:28 PM on May. 15, 2011

• No. Kids watch too much TV already.
    jonellg

Answer by jonellg at 5:30 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Do what works! My son is 8, and my mom has her tv in sight of the bathroom so he will go #2 without a hassle. LOL
    warriormom4303

Answer by warriormom4303 at 5:32 PM on May. 15, 2011

• my kids carreid it all over the house, before they actully used it. Once there is more of an interst in using the potty, then we kept it in the bathroom.
    Do what works for you!
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 5:33 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I asked my husband this same question last night because we are having a problem getting our 2 year old to tell us when she has to go. I said since we spend most of our time during the day in the family room, why not keep the potty there and I can rush her there whenever she tries to go without telling me. He agreed with most of the previous posters here more specifically saying it's going against the point. Which is teaching her to GO TO the bathroom, not just a convenient spot. Not the greatest idea.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 5:35 PM on May. 15, 2011