Ughhh so tired!

I have four children, all my girls walked by the time they were like 10 months old. My son is going to be a year old in 2 weeks and refuses to walk!!! He weights 29 pounds and is killing me since I have to hold him all day!  Sooo tired just wish he would walk!

Mommi2four2011

Asked by Mommi2four2011 at 5:22 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You must be very frustrated because you had three that walked so early, but in fact most babies don't walk until 14 months! Girls do things much faster than boys, too. 10 months was super early for them to walk! It seems like he is a little bit big for his age too so that also may be keeping him from walking. Your arms must be tired! Work a lot on his leg muscles by getting him a push toy to walk behind or a ride on toy he can push with his legs.

Stef (the nanny from http://askananny.com)
    AskANanny

Answer by AskANanny at 5:37 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Can he crawl of roll around? Let him and get a shopping cart he is old enough to sit up well enough for those. Just walk slowly around the house so he can follow you. And as the pervious posted said 10 months is rather early and girls do thing faster any how. Give him time to do things in his own way. And if you are worried at his 1 year check up ask.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:31 PM on May. 15, 2011

• omg he is a big boy my baby was 18 pounds and killing my back lol but my baby didnt start walking until 10 months so its ok all babies arent the same
    KColeman90

Answer by KColeman90 at 6:39 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Oh he has all kinds of toys he can hold onto and walk with, and he does that just fine. Also holds our hands and walks but looses his balance when we let go, and has no interest in doing it himself. I guess he will do it when he is ready but by than I am going to have back problems...lol....
    Mommi2four2011

Comment by Mommi2four2011 (original poster) at 8:20 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I have 4 as well, they are all different. Just be glad he is healthy! Nothing like the last two having SERIOUS medical problems to wear you out. Just give it time mama!
    SonyaNaomi

Answer by SonyaNaomi at 8:49 PM on May. 15, 2011