Business question????

I have made my own cloth diapers for my daughter, they are not that hard to make. I have been trying to find a SAHJ, so I can be with my family. My question is, if I try to turn this into a business do you think it will go. I'm just not sure how many people are actually using cloth. I would even make teens for those with bed wetting problems and adult size for the elderly also. Any info will be helpful. Thanks!!!!

RelaxedMom2-3

Asked by RelaxedMom2-3 at 5:22 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• I think it sounds like a fantastic idea! You can turn just about anything in a home-based business. All you have to do is be creative with your advertising sources. Build yourself a website and advertise it as a "Green Business". Good job!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:27 PM on May. 15, 2011

• i used coth diapers when my babies were newborn to about four - six months. It was what worked for us as a SAHM.
    I used the ones with stick pins, if your have some sort of velco or other way to close them - that would be great. easy to wash and dry.
    Maybe different patterns and cloth. the ones I used were just white.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 5:31 PM on May. 15, 2011

• i have a friend who has been doing something similar (making kids clothes, costumes) for years and had a website, but it was really hit or miss. Then came ETSY. Ever since she joined Etsy, she can't make her stuff fast enough. I have 3 other friends who say the same thing. There is a huge amount of support for WAHM's, especially amongst the cloth-diapering set. GO FOR IT! And be sure to offer deals to local customers. I also teach a childbirth preparation class and it seems like more and more parents are planning to cloth diaper. I think your business idea has a great future!
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 5:35 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Thanks alot ladies.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Comment by RelaxedMom2-3 (original poster) at 5:37 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Start by writing a business plan; this will help you determine the viability of your concept.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:28 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I've seen cloth diaper at Target. Agree with rkoloms, get your business plan ready, then approach Target, if you get an account like that, you can stay home and then some.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:33 PM on May. 15, 2011