Does anyone know a good organic pesticide?

So i moved into my house about 2 months ago. I thought it was perfect, perfect size, nic backyard, genuine landlord and friendly neighbors. Well guess what they are roaches everywhere. I guess it isn't as perfect as I thought. I don't want to get any pesticide because I am afraid of the harmful affect it might have on my children a dog.

styhmMommy

Asked by styhmMommy at 5:26 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Health

• Borax or boric acid. My mom used to use a product called Croak a Roach. Thought it was the funniest name at the time. It seemed to work. She also sprayed RAID by what seemed to be the gallon - not recommended.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:30 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Okay... You may laugh at this,---but you could try it ! It positively knocked the aphids off my roses, killed ants too ! Get a big plastic spray bottle. Into get goes---mint mouth wash, garlic juice, tabasco sauce, tobacco juice ( made by soaking tobacco in water ), vinegar, and---drum roll, ---urine. Mixed it up until it's good & strong and spray away ! >>> ;D
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 5:38 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Straight, 100 % bleach is also a great insecticide,---believe it or not !... My son put some in a spray bottle with a 10 foot dispensed spray when you pressed the sprayer. That's the way he killed a nest of black wasps that were under a part of our siding at an outside window. JUST PLEASE be careful with 100 % bleach ! It's fumes are toxic and don't get it near eyes or on skin or near animals or pets, of course... ( The wasps died immediately though ! ) And, bleach will disappear organically into the ground, if it is put on it, in 24 hours. My mom used to kill ants with straight ammonia too.
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 12:02 PM on May. 16, 2011