My husband really irritates me!

As you know today is Sunday! Sunday to me is a rest day. Not to be bothered by anyone. As of right now, my husband is on his way. His mom and sister are also comic over which I don't mind whatsoever. My hudband text me that his aunt and uncle are also heading over here too! In the text, he tells me " my aunt and uncle are coming over. Try not to be so anti-social". Let me tell you this CafeMom. I've tried to get to know his uncle! When I'm forced to go to his house, he ignores me! Or he will start to speak his language which is Spanish. One time he even said a racist remark towards me! His aunt is ok. I've spoken with her a couple of times but I don't really understand her. When I'm at their house, it's only their language. So what I'll do is go on my iPod and play games. I always have the volume low just in case I'm asked a question. All I want to do is sleep because it's raining here and I always tired. I know his cousins are going to be here too. Ughh please, what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• i have a sister in law, that is alway sick. They show up to have dinner, have actully, asked my mom to call them when dinner is ready, so they can come over and eat and leave. It's so rude!
    at Christmas, my mom and I wanted to give her a gift of med's, like anit-diherra meds, malox, priosoc, etc. BUT my father, had a fit and we didn't follow through. UGH..
    She is also one of those people that had to tell you about all her sickness. If one of my kids is coughing, even just once - the next day, she is sick and it's my kids fault.
    she just drives EVERYONE crazy.

Good luck with your evening, I don't like being around people speaking another laungage. It is rude, as well.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 5:43 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Its rude as hell to speak a foreign language in front of someone who doesn't understand. U r not antisocial!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 5:47 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Hey there fellow CM. I can very much sympathise with you. I'm marrying into a all spanish speaking family. And by god that is so uncomfortable to be in a room with people you can hardley understand. But your husband is right. Try not to be so anti-social. I knw it is sunday and if you really must nto be bothered use a trick I used one time I had unexpected unwelcome guest. Pretend you have the worst cramps ever. No one wants to bother a menstrating, cramping, pms women. As for tomorrow and every other day you come in contact with your in laws just try to get along. Ditch your ipod and try to make an effort. One thing I know about spanish families is that they are tight and close. You offend one you offend alll of them. And the thing that most definatley offends spanish families is when one person excludes themself. I know this first hand. I have been told I was less of a human cuz I did not speak spanish. I know where u are.
    styhmMommy

Answer by styhmMommy at 5:49 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Well my first thought was" Run!". But my MIL and SIL aren't very social with me so just to piss em off i'm extra sweet and ask all kinds of questions about their lives. It irritates the hell out them! Ha ha.
    tattooedmama126

Answer by tattooedmama126 at 5:51 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I hear you!!! but for the sake of harmony in the family I think you should try to be social, in whatever language you want.

Answer by older at 5:56 PM on May. 15, 2011

• the other mom was right ditch the ipod that's rude, there at you house speak up say i don't understand and have someone translate for you.get involved or believe me you'll offend someone and trust me if you do you'll never live it down no matter how hard you try.

traren

Answer by traren at 6:01 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Do your best to be involved, and make an effort to learn the language and see if someone else will make the effort to help you translate so you can be involved. When you are at their house offer to help, with what ever. Even if they say no, at least it shows you are trying.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:23 PM on May. 15, 2011

• sounds like my ex-fiance. I'd be at their house, and his mother would insist on lighting up a cigarette next to me when she knew very well I had asthma.
    so before anyone says it, sure it was their house, so I'd say good night and leave.
    Then one day my Fiance said that his parents were having a fit that I was not going to allow smoking at the wedding and went on about how I 'refused to get to know them'. Fiance told me that I should just 'be polite' and deal with the smoke.

Just on a side note, have you been tested for anemia? I had the problem with always being tired, and it turned out I was anemic.

as for the relatives, good luck and just do your best. If you have to rest, the others can deal with it.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:28 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Ditch the iPod and show ur husband your better then them
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 8:36 PM on May. 15, 2011