I have a tuna problem....

I want tuna all the time. I know im only suppose have it once a week but this week I had it twice and I want it again. Make me stop

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 5:33 PM on May. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• they have have changed how much tuna you are supposed to eat since my first nephew was concieved and honestly, I don't believe there is any danger in eating it. My brother knows more about things like this and I talk to him all the time. He says as long as its not "large" fish you are eating, there is NOTHING wrong with it....I've ate tuna through both of my pregnancies and nothing bad has happened. same as my SIL and my sister
    brookenbrodyn

Answer by brookenbrodyn at 5:37 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Tuna, being a deep ocean fish, has Omega 3 which is good for the heart. I'd say,---unless you have some fish allergy or other health problem that would stop you from eating tuna,---ENJOY !!!
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 5:42 PM on May. 15, 2011

• Thats what I think, the dr said cause of the mercury levels only one time a wk so idk
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 5:45 PM on May. 15, 2011

• They say that you should not eat it because of the levels of mercury. I would look that up and decide if it is worth it to you. Better safe than sorry. Maybe try to find an alternative.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:11 PM on May. 15, 2011

• I was told if i really wanted tuna ( I was like you it was one of my foods i craved) they suggested albacore tuna it's supposed to be better it may be a little more expensive but it was worth it to get the tuna i really wanted Goodluck
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 8:34 PM on May. 15, 2011

• i agree with melbornj
    wifey000175554

Answer by wifey000175554 at 9:06 PM on May. 15, 2011

• No matter what you hear from your doctor, YOU are ultimately responsible for your actions. If you want tuna and you believe that the benefits outweigh the risks, then DO IT!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:36 PM on May. 15, 2011